Temple Lock (mill) private moorings ?

Time Out

Visit site
Hi

I’m struggling to find a contact for the private moorings opposite (ish) Harleyford.

I need a temp mooring for August (21fiit boat) I am emailing the usual subjects but little response so far and I’m not paying 38 quid a night at Harleyford !

Any help appreciated.

Gibeltarik

Visit site
Last edited:

Time Out

Visit site

Thank you. Bizarrely it’s an insurance website with a database ! I have called them and as expected it’s full, even short term for small boat.

I have options near Windsor and don’t want to go above Shiplake ( they are all
Full anyhow!) as needs to be within an hours drive of Teddington.

Just waiting on Hambleden but not holding out much hope.

Time Out

Visit site

Pump-Out

Visit site
Just waiting on Hambleden but not holding out much hope.
Hambleden is rammed, and I would not hold out any hope.

Fawley Meadows might be an option? Around £12 a night, but no security. The guy from Hobbs will keep an eye out for you as he collects mooring fees, but you get what you pay for, as ever.

Wooten's may have a trot mooring

Going back to the original post - Temple would, I expect, be more expensive that Harleyford.

Gibeltarik

Visit site

Fawley Meadows might be an option? Around £12 a night, but no security. The guy from Hobbs will keep an eye out for you as he collects mooring fees, but you get what you pay for, as ever.

Going back to the original post - Temple would, I expect, be more expensive that Harleyford.
Bourne End Marina, DB Marine, or Taplow (Taplow Riverside Moorings) - the latter definitely has space at the moment.

Time Out

Visit site

Thanks.

Ideally it needs to be secure as it’s a day boat albeit with a full hood so Fawley is not an option that said I have emailed Hobbs for a bank holiday mooring opposite Temple Island where the pop up campsite is. ( Embers ?)

Temple have an answer phone to say it’s full.

Thought about Wootens but not the best set up as we will need every minute available! Mid stream while nice there won’t work.

It will probably be back to Windsor !

Time Out

Visit site

To their credit Hambledon called back. Annual only and full. As expected

Time Out

Visit site
Just waiting for Hobbs to email back re their Ember campsite. I have also asked for temp mooring for whole of August but I already know the answer !