Teddington to Bray

RIJLudlow

www.swanningabout.co.uk
How long will it take to get from Teddington to Bray Marina, please....I appreciate that there imponderables (lock delays, and so on)...but if anyone can give a ball part figure, I'd be grateful. Also, any recommendations for guide/pilot books(moorings/ availablity of fuel etc) for this journey, please.
Many thanks to all.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
At the speed i go its eight hours to Windsor so maybe nine to Bray ? But i don't rush and i also dont take any notice of the lock names so i'm assuming Bray is two up from Windsor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
What fuel type do you need ?

rr_123

Visit site
A good long day, 9-10 hours should just about do it, assuming no mishaps or lock delays!

as for a guide, it's got to be Nicholsons guide to the Thames.

Take two days, call it a holiday only smaller (c:

R

Forbsie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At the speed i go its eight hours to Windsor so maybe nine to Bray ? But i don't rush

[/ QUOTE ]

EIGHT HOURS???

When I went up with you, it took us THREE DAYS!!

Hic

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
The Environment Agency have published some very useful GUIDES which you can now download and print.

[ QUOTE ]
The Out and About Guides are a series of pamphlets (39 in total) covering the non-tidal river from Lechlade to Teddington Lock. Each Guide is presented in map form, covers one lock and the reach upstream of it and contains useful information such as:

Local marine services, eg boatyards, moorings, pump outs, sanitary stations and charging points
Important telephone numbers such as the nearest hospital with a casualty department, police and public transport
Local facilities such as post offices, launderettes, taxis, campsites and picnic areas
A selection of local shops, restaurants, hotels and pubs
Things to do, such as local museums, sites of local historical interest and the tourist information centre.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you should be able to do the trip comfortably in one focussed day as long as you do not experience any signicant delays.

BG1

Visit site
I've made this trip many times. From Tedd. lock mooring to Bray Marina is about 25 naut miles and 9 locks. Its taken between 7 and 8.5hrs without stopping. Quicker on a weekday of course. Penton Hook is about half way in time and distance. If you're stopping at Bray Marina check with them for a berth before setting off as you may arrive after the office has closed. Nice longish day trip. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif