Tecma Toilets

Richard.C

Visit site
I'm looking at removing the vacuflush toilets in our Phantom 43 and replacing with Tecma macerator toilets.

Looking at sizes and our hull shape it looks like possible the Compass Short or maybe Nano would be the best options, both utilise the smaller macerator pump.

Does anyone have any experience of these small Tecma toilets? Trying to work out if there is any performance/noise difference between models.

Thanks

Richard

Hurricane

Visit site
I replaced my Vacflush toilets (the work of the devil) with Planus toilets which are very similar to Tecma.
I believe the people who designed the Tecma toilets went on to design the Planus ones.
Did it about 6 years ago and it has transformed the boat.
Tecma or Planus - just do it.

Richard.C

Visit site
Thanks jrudge and Hurricane, trying to make sure I pick the right model. I think the Compass short is what I need as the day head is against the hull so has a sloping bulkhead not straight, the master is partially straight bulkhead. I'm also a 12V boat so the smaller macerator is probably best option to keep current down.

BlueJasper

Visit site
I have a Tecma Nano ( or Compass) on our Swift Trawler 35. Launched in 2019, I took ownership in 2022 and replaced the macerator pump last year. A simple job, but it had corroded. It was used with salt water only and I don't know what chemicals had been used by the previous owner. A good toilet and now run with fresh water only.