Teak deck fittings - finishing...

alpha

Visit site
OK, I've fashioned some beautiful (and I do mean Page 3) anchor chocks out of a big expensive lunp of solid teak, and now I need to decide whether to simply oil them, treat them, varnish them, etc... I have some experience of the issue, but would like more input from others...

So, your advice please, as to how to proceed. Remember, they will take a few knocks from the anchor being stowed and unstowed, and they need to last and look nice.

Thanks all (and by the way, my search came up with nothing worthwhile).

ps, Having failed to find anyone doing bespoke deck fittings of teak without charging lottery-winner prices, I'm available for commissions. Good solid English carpentry in fine wood. No brawling in the queue please!

<hr width=100% size=1>

alpha

Visit site
So no-one here can offer a tiny thought, a soupcon of suggestion, an insignificant idea, etc to help...?

Please, fellow practioners of the art, your thoughts...

(I cvered one of my pre-production prototypes with Le Tokinois today, quite pleased - what's your experience of this one?)

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
Varnoil, several coats, excellent for just your purpose. Available from "Black dog stores"
Thats what I use on any parts of my teak boat subject to wear/knocks.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
I dont use anything on decks, juist wash them. Yearly scrub. But I have seen it used on Pine decks to good effect, but not sure of the non slip qualities.

<hr width=100% size=1>