Tamwas

Tamwas

Visit site
I recently visited my yacht in North Wales for the first time since she was hauled out in late September to discover that sometime between then and now she has been broken into and the main winches, two Lewmar self tailing 44's, have been removed and stolen.

There were numerous other reasonably valued items on board (I have now removed these) that were left untouched, so the thief obviously knew exactly what he wanted (and what were by far the most valuable items for their size), and was very competent about how they were removed.

I understand two other boats in the same yard have also had high value items taken during the same period.

It may be that these items will end up at a boat jumble, but it is also possible that they are being taken in order to fit out another boat, possibly without the eventual buyer realising where they came from.

While Lewmar 44's are not exactly rare, they are also not widely available second-hand.

The boat is stored in a boatyard in Bangor, North Wales, so I assume that they would have been for sale somewhere close to that area.

I realise that this is an extreme long shot, but if anyone has heard of any for sale recently in North Wales I would be grateful for any information.

Tamwas

<hr width=100% size=1>

Kawasaki

Visit site
Just read your post. Please pm me or phone me on 01248 714111 or 07050 360006 I. live in the area also winter in Bangor sometimes and am in daily contact with boaty people on the Straits might be able to help.