Taff Trail

graham

Visit site
had a short sail over to Mermaid Quay today crammed the bike into the cabin then pedalled up the Taff Trail to Castell Coch and back.Mostly easy going,only steep bit is the bit up to the Castle .

I know Zlod and some others are into running. Would be great for that as well.You can carry on to Brecon if your a good bit fitter than me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifIts about 9 miles to Castell Coch .If you didnt fancy the steep bit its about 8 miles to the pub in Tongwinlais.

002.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

022.jpg

Visit site
Good for you gray, when my kids were small we used to cycle up to tongwynlais and stop outside the sweetshop and get loads of sweets for the ride back.

A

Alcyone

I was changing me gearbox and engine oil. Having said that, my ankle is still sore from a week or so back. I've had little sympathy though.

Does look nice though. I've cycled Afan Argoed for years but never been up the Taff trail.

A

Alcyone

Looking at those paniers, I've seen people take less food on a Land's end to John O Groats trip.

graham

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
last time i did a proper cycle was the whole coast of N.France.

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered doing that today but with the crap exchange rate Mermaid Quay seemed the better option. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Last time we were in Cardiff we caught a bus to St Fagans - brilliant!
Had to take a bus as my bike had a puncture and my trainers had a broken lace /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously though, folk (pun intended!) seldom do the tourist attractions close to home but St Fagans was great - my favourite bit was the terrace of tiny cottages decked out in differant decades.
Ending in the 80's

graham

Visit site
Welcome to the Forum . To put photos on the easy way is to load them onto photobucket first then copy the image code under the pic into your post on here.

I dont want to discourage you from using the Bristol Channel Forum but for advice on a repair I would post on the Practical Boat Owner forum as it gets a bigger audience there.

mrbloto

Visit site
i learnt how to swim by that bridge, it used to slope down, we called it sand more like coal dust washed down from the valleys. it used to shelve up behind the butresses and be deep in between the butress. those were the days no worrys bout health and safety then /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Allan

Visit site
I grew up in Surrey and we used to cycle to Chersey and Weybridge for a swim in the Thames. I have jumped off most of the bridges over the Thames in that area, not sure what would happen if I did that now!
Allan