Swim ladder and courier troubles

Refueler

Visit site
Wife has been bleating on since next house downriver installed small jetty with 'swim ladder' ... for theior grandchildren etc. to play in the river ...

Having bought a set of 3 more pontoons - once specifically for installation of swimming .... I also found a supplier of a proper 5 rung pontoon ladder with raised curved bars ...

ladders-10-550x550.jpg.webp

ladders-15-550x550.jpg.webp

Magic .... no customs ... unusually cheaper than most seen online .....

I paid for courier rather than snail delivery .... given that I had already saved money in its purchase.

Week later it arrived. Seller was really interested and asking - everything OK ??

I was busy with ships and had just left the package in the storeroom.
Couple days later ... I found a pack with large nuts and bolts on the ground where courier van had stopped in my drive.

OH OH ... I went to check package ... it was ripped underneath and fastenings had 'escasped'.

More than half the fastenings missing. Only explanation is that they are laying in courier van ...

I contacted seller with photo of the fastenings I actually had ...

Ladder screws (2).jpg

The ladder has 5 steps - 4 nuts and bolts per step ... railing and mount needs 8 coachscrews .... metal sections have plastic inserts ..... then there's pivot bolts and so on ...

Quite a difference from what you see above !

Seller now is trying hard to get out of sorting it ... and Courier is not responding at all ....

I can go to local hardware shop and buy suitable to complete.... but why should I ? I paid premium to have courier delivery .... now it seems courier is not interested to talk ...

Luckily Wife has gone quiet .....

Boater Sam

Visit site
Its going to cost you a few pounds to get the bits, and keep the wife happy. Is it really worth bitching about on here?
You accepted delivery, your liability. Of course the seller doesn't want to know, it was the courier lost the bits, presumably.
Of course the courier doesn't want to know, you signed for it days before.
Suck it up and fix it.

Refueler

Visit site
Its going to cost you a few pounds to get the bits, and keep the wife happy. Is it really worth bitching about on here?
You accepted delivery, your liability. Of course the seller doesn't want to know, it was the courier lost the bits, presumably.
Of course the courier doesn't want to know, you signed for it days before.
Suck it up and fix it.

What a crock ...........

In fact - there are 7 days after receipt regardless of signing for shipment .. dunno what you have where you are ... but I don't care TBH.
My informing Seller and Courier occurred next morning - not as you imply days after ..

Second - your knowledge of this case is only based on my post ... its interesting that Seller has now opened a claim on his and my behalf with Courier today. Turns out - he was waiting as I for Courier to respond..... not ignoring, but hadn't let me know.

Bitching ?? It may be that to you ... but to me its making a post on a forum ... add something a bit different to usual stuff.

You may 'suck it up' ... but that's part of the reason shoddy work gets done ...

Boater Sam

Visit site
My informing Seller and Courier occurred next morning - not as you imply days after ..
Not what you said originally fella!
I quote you ""I was busy with ships and had just left the package in the storeroom.
Couple days later ... I found a pack with large nuts and bolts on the ground where courier van had stopped in my drive.""

Refueler

Visit site
Not what you said originally fella!
I quote you ""I was busy with ships and had just left the package in the storeroom.
Couple days later ... I found a pack with large nuts and bolts on the ground where courier van had stopped in my drive.""

So an error in memory posting after the fact ..... BIG DEAL !!

Going back over emails etc. - shows it was next morning

Fact is - seller is on it as well ...