• It doesn't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
How bout someplace a little bit up the M5.... maybe Tauntonish? Or Exeter would be nice, great hotel there, the Barcelona....... does excellent food as well.... and a great bar in the evening,

Hotel Barcelona.....

Saguday

Visit site
Well, we live just north of Taunton so would be happy with that but felt it biased things a bit as the bulk of people are in the Devon/Cornwall area. Plus, I think it should be in a boaty location. We could always meet in Bristol but that might tread on the toes of the BCF folks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (or we could make it a joint event!) Still think it would be a bit far for people in Cornwall etc.

BrendanS

Visit site
Somewhere further up the M5 could make it into a decent size event. Wilts meets will drive for hours to get to a meet, so we don't do them often, as the county is quite large. An M5'ish meet could draw in a number of people that wouldn't normally go to Plymouth etc, but could exlude people from Cornwall that wouldn't drive that far.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How bout someplace a little bit up the M5.... maybe Tauntonish? Or Exeter would be nice, great hotel there, the Barcelona....... does excellent food as well.... and a great bar in the evening,

Hotel Barcelona.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotel Barcelona shuts sometime son for a 1 year refurb! All staff made redundant as announced in local rag yesterday.

The Bori is still imho one of the best pubs anywhere in Devon, great beer, good service and excellent pub grub at reasonable prices. What more can you ask for?

breezer5012

Visit site
Trying to get anywhere decent between now and Christmas at a weekend may be an issue. I'm sure we'll come if available if it were held in Plymouth, but not flush enough at this time of year to manage an overnight stop if it is Taunton / Bristol area.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, the only problem is on Saturday nights he has live music, which I wholeheartedly support, but for a bunch of yotties out for a natter it's a bit of a problem!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah but it's not every Saturday night. No music last Saturday, we know cos we were there! Need to look at his board to see what's on when. Will probably be there again some time tomorrow so I'll have a look.

Saguday

Visit site
OK - let me know some suitably quiet dates /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Must admit, I haven't had much time to look for a venue over the several hundred square miles that may suit everyone.

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
I think its gonna be difficult to arrange a Xmas bash or meet up so late..... how bout on a weekend in late January/ early Feb? I will need to go down to check on the boat..... enough removed from Xmas to get past the hangovers... and something to look forward to mid off season....

How bout January 31st, The Cherub, Dartmouth.

Cherub

or....

Piermasters in the Barbican...

Status
Not open for further replies.