Survey

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Boat is coming out today for a survey tomorrow but its raining so how does the surveyor do the hull moisture readings?

tobble

Visit site
he'll scrape back the A/F in a few spots so that will remove any surface moisture, so it'll only be a problem if it's running down the hull...

I'm no surveyor... only other thought is how will coming straight out affect the readings?

Sequoiah1

Visit site
Lift iout for a week is bit extreme and is for that 'ideal world' scenario I believe you can get an idea with an overnight lift and hold in slings. If it looks like maybe a problem your surveyor will know and inform parties accordingly. The usual caveat will be noted in the report. If its heavy rain and the water is running heavilly down hull sides it is pretty difficult to gauge moisture levels of laminate, so you will notice that weather/humidity and lift conditions may very will be noted in the report

Spyro

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My insurance company has asked for a survey before I renew next year - for interest what's the rough ballpark cost for how much such a survey would cost?

[/ QUOTE ]
Give the surveyors a call tells them it's for an insurance survey, they will have a set rate and won't mind giving you a quote.