Superstition

claymore

Visit site
Is a 13 year old malt which is brewed on the Isle of Jura. I made a mess of it and myself last week.
Met LongJohnSadler who has the prettiest daughter you'll ever clap eyes on. Tried to tell me it was his wife - but only possible if she was a child bride
Good to be back at work today - Dear Heart shackled me to the mower yesterday in a vain attempt to reduce the Elephant Grass which has appeared at Claymore Towers.
Read Kens post about tired and listless and was immediately!
Jimi seems to be peddaling one of those posts about his imaginary friends, Para is pursuing his canine fettish and Sailbad appears to be the worse for drink. Just another regular Monday really

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ohdrat

Visit site
Have you left any of the Islands intact for me.. or when (if) I get a boat will I find desert islands that have been drunk dry/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Ultima

Got an interesting one at home called Ultima. It's a blend (wait!), but a very unusual one. When J&B's chief blender was retiring in the early 1990's the bosses obliged his whim by acquiring a barrel of every extant malt and grain, including some from distilleries that had long gone. Ultima is a blend of all of them. Unfortunately Madame (to whom it was presented) declares it too valuable for a swine like me, so it remains sealed.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

claymore

Visit site
Re: Ultima

What about if you invited a few self confessed connoisewers and we had a wee tasting session - would she let you join in?

Claymore

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Ingredients

Malts Aberfeldy, Aberlour, Alt a Bhainne, Ardbeg, Ardmore, Auchentoshan, Auchkriosk, Aultmore, Balblair, Balmenach, Balvenie, Banff, Ben Nevis, Benriach, Bensinnes, Benromach, Ben Wyvis, Bladnoch, Blair Athol, Bowmore, Braes of Glenlivet, Brechin, Brora, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Caol Ila, Caperdonich, Cardhu, Clynelish, Coleburn, Convalmore, Cragganmore, Craigellachie, Dailuaine, Dallas Dhu, Dalmore, Dalwhinnie, Deanston, Dufftown, Edradour, Fetercairn, Glen Albyn, Glenallachie, Glenburgie, Glencadam, Glenscraig, Glendronach, Glendullan, Glen Elgin, Glenesk, Glenfarclas, Glenflagler, Glenfiddich, Glengarioch, Glenglassaugh, Glengloyne, Glen Grant, Glen Keith, Glenkinchie, Glenlivet, Glenlochy, Glenlossie, Glen Mhor, Glenmorangie, Glen Moray, Glenrothes, Glen Scotia, Glen Spey, Glentauchers, Glenturret, Glenury Royal, Highland Park, Imperial, Inchgower, Inchmurrin, Inversleven, Jura, Knockando, Knockdhu, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ledaig, Linkwood, Linlithgow, Littlemill, Lochside, Longmorn, Macallan, Macduff,, Mannochmore, Millburn, Miltonduff, Mortlach, Mosstowie, Oban, Ord, Pittyvaich, Port Ellen, Pulteney, Rosebank, Rhosdhu, Royal Brackla, Royal Lochnagar, Scapa, Speyburn, Springbank, Strathisla, Strathmill, Talisker, Tamdhu, Tamnavulin, Teaninich, Tomatin, Tomintoul, Tormore, Tullibardine.

Grains Caledonian, Cambus, Cameronbridge, Carsebridge, Dumbarton, Garnheath, Girvan, Invergordon, North British, North of Scotland, Port Dundas, Strathclyde.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

claymore

Visit site
Re: Ingredients

It must be a large bottle to get that lot in - surely she wouldn't mind if we just dropped its mark by a finger?
The Isle of Jura distillery tour was conducted by the distiller himself so it was really interesting. I'd always thought that the peaty taste was to do with the water but apparently they blow peat smoke over the grain in the malting process and this is where the peat taste is infused or whatever the word.

Claymore

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: this weekend

i have mostly been drinking glenmorangie

was bought a few as part of me stag do
nice stuff
i am finiding i like Laphroiag less and less
unfortunately i lost it cos i got distracted by the stripper my brother organised

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>By 'eck the sun is out</font color=red>

tome

www.google.co.uk

Give me a Linkwood or an Oban anytime -- gawd knows what this blend will taste like (though I confess I'm curious).

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: Lost what?

no
i lost me glenmorangie
or was it my champagne
anyway i got distracted by a naked woman

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>By 'eck the sun is out</font color=red>

Ohdrat

Visit site

I see you include Balblair .... the Distillery manager is a personal friend/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif <really that should be a larger than life SMIRK

<hr width=100% size=1>