Sunseeker sold

jfm

Visit site
I was studying this briefly when news hit the street earlier. Curious transaction because the Miami buyout firm involved is heavily focussed on real estate. I guess the boss is a boater because they bought Cigarette, though I suspect the pool of equity investors in Cigarette is different from the pool that will own Sunseeker (with some overlap of course).

No news on price. Dalian Wanda paid GBP320m for sunseeker allegedly, and that sort of number seems out of reach for this new buyer. Using the price recently "paid" for Princess as a comparable, I would guess this Sunseeker deal is at a MUCH lower rice than £320m, though not as low as Princess. Here's wishing the new investors good luck with it (y)

ari

Visit site
The astonishing thing is that boat prices have gone up close to exponentially and yet none of the U.K. players making boats are making any money.
Even more so when you consider that the last four years have been boom time in boat sales, with bulging order books we're told, and therefore presumably little discounting.