Sunseeker Discolouration

EME

www.lumishore.com
Went to see boat 384 in the current viewing series on Saturday. A 1999 Superhawk. The blue hull on both port and starboard quarters were seriously discloured from their original blue lloking as if someone had been seriously rubbing in a crescent shape leaving a chalky white 6 imch crescent of discolouraation. I've seen this on oher boats but never in such a pronounced way.

The broker ascribed it to the exhaust positioning on the S/Hawk and a lot of polishing (???)

Given that the rest of the boat was OK ( although probably not the most loved), can anyone add any clarity to wat the prob;em may be? And how to solve / resolve it...broker suggested painting white....not an option.. how much to rectify as I shall be haggling on the price??

I took a picture but have no idea how to post below!! Advice as to how to show piccie required !!!!!!!!

...I wanna boat please..

G

PM Boatone he'll tell you how to post you pic

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

EME

www.lumishore.com
Picture of Sunseeker Discolouration

The broker claims this dulling/discolouration is due to lack of polishing?

What think you? How much to re-polish rectify??

spyglass.jpg

...I wanna boat please..

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thats the problem with coloured hulls. I cant say why the S/hawk was discoloured in the areas you describe but its possible that its due to over zealous machine polishing although this seems unlikely on a 3yr old boat. Over time coloured gel coat degrades to a 'chalky' appearance and polishing just effects a temporary cure. Also, if a coloured hull is scraped or gouged, it looks really unsightly because the white grp often shows through. I know coloured hulls look great when new but, personally, I would'nt have one
The only permanent solution is to paint the hull and that can look very good (Hatteras, for example, paint all their hulls from new, I believe) if its done well but, as I say, I dont think it should be necessary on a 3yr old boat. Have a look at a few others to compare

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: Picture of Sunseeker Discolouration

Not on a KAD44-powered one yet? The one we went out on wasw a nice ride (surprise. surprise) , but kept to 32 -knots

We're hoping to go out on this one subject to offer etc in a couple of weeks.

Why? Are they dodgy. Amazingly he also has a Baia Flash 48 which I like and I also am going out on the Hunton Gazelle this week.

Getting very, very close. Just hope a bad ride on something doesn't out TB off

...I wanna boat please..