Suck out diesel bug

Jim@sea

Visit site
In the May PBO they suggest using a Pela 6000 to extract any muck from the bottom of diesel tanks. I am going to try one of these little pumps which you attach to an electric drill, cost about £10. and use my cordless drill.
Has anyone tried this.

Bilgediver

Visit site
In the May PBO they suggest using a Pela 6000 to extract any muck from the bottom of diesel tanks. I am going to try one of these little pumps which you attach to an electric drill, cost about £10. and use my cordless drill.
Has anyone tried this.

Many of these pumps are not suitable for oil and this is usually shown on the package...Beware. It will be OK the first time but after that might not work so well if the impeller deteriorates.

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Local scrap yard, get a pump off of a car. If you can find one, the pumps they used to fit under the boot floor of the Vauxhall Astra/Cavalier/Omega etc is a good one, will pump fuel all day long, don't use it for water.

Connect it to a filter on the suction side (DO NOT fit a filter to the output side, as it will pump high pressure, if the filter blocks, you could have a problem), put the output pipe back into the tank and leave it running. Periodically check/change the filter. Repeat until the filter stays clean.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Has anyone tried this.

Talk to Tom of Little Ship and his bespoke fuel polishing system.