Stowe wind speed masthead unit not working.

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
Sheolin has a very old Stowe masthead unit that just gives wind speed, not direction. Although the cups are spinning freely I'm getting nothing on the display. The display is 'live' and the voltage to the masthead unit is correct, but nothing seems to be coming back down. The display can be switched to read boat speed via the paddlewheel log; that works fine. It's just wind speed that's faulty.

1) Does anyone know how these units work? Should I be looking for dc pulses or an ac frequency?
2) How can I test the wind speed display?
3) If the cable is damaged, can it be replaced?
4) Anyone got a redundant masthead unit kicking around?

Stooriefit

Visit site
I have a Stowe masthead wind unit and instrument head which I took off last winter when I decided to update all of my electronics / wiring. The masthead transducer was a replacement I bought from Stowe in November 2017. It was working when I had it taken off. If you are interested send me a PM.

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
It's a Stow Navigator 2 system.

OIP.YRxchrOkooltckoEBRxdugAAAA

I have a Stowe masthead wind unit and instrument head which I took off last winter when I decided to update all of my electronics / wiring. The masthead transducer was a replacement I bought from Stowe in November 2017. It was working when I had it taken off. If you are interested send me a PM.
PM sent.

Meltemi1952

Visit site
Hi, I have Stowe masthead unit, wind direction working, but speed not showing. Do you still have the unit? and if so how much do you value it (including delivery by post to London).
Thank you for a reply.
Meltemi1952

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
Hi, I have Stowe masthead unit, wind direction working, but speed not showing. Do you still have the unit? and if so how much do you value it (including delivery by post to London).
Thank you for a reply.
Meltemi1952
Thanks, but I've got it all sorted. Bought a replacement display and masthead unit that gives speed and direction.