Stolen 3D Tender dinghy

chris-s

Visit site
I know this is not the 'stolen' section, but I doubt anybody really reads that one, so admins, please show me some grace and don't move my post for 24hrs, just pretend you haven't seen this post.

Just a heads up, if you get offered a 3D Tender UL250 in grey and white, it's most likely ours. It disappeared from our mooring up the River Fal on Thursday only to re-appear in Bristol yesterday on FB marketplace. At least I know it didn't float off due to me failing to secure it properly.

Attempts to weedle an address out of the seller spooked him and he shut everything down. There are lots of distinguishing bits to our dinghy plus I have the paperwork with the serial number. The police have been informed, but I doubt we will get it back.

Marketplace Screenshot 3.jpg

DangerousPirate

Visit site
Sorry to read that, what Scumbags. They also don’t know their market values as that dinghy is worth a lot more than £500.
Well you can't sell stolen goods for an honest price as you need to get rid of it quick.
@OP next time just agree to buy it and pick it up, and then just take the police with you.

Jim@sea

Visit site
Could you not have pretended to be interested in it, offered cash, got the address, driven there (calling at the local Police Station on the way) gone with a couple of people with camera's and taken it back.

chris-s

Visit site
Could you not have pretended to be interested in it, offered cash, got the address, driven there (calling at the local Police Station on the way) gone with a couple of people with camera's and taken it back.

Tried to do something like that but spooked him.

chris-s

Visit site
Well you can't sell stolen goods for an honest price as you need to get rid of it quick.
@OP next time just agree to buy it and pick it up, and then just take the police with you.

Tried it, he clearly knew he was busted and has shutdown all of his dodgy FB accounts.