Stoke Gabriel on the River Dart

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Now this I a lovely place to launch your sib. Car park is £6 all day and nothing more to pay as far as I could see. If you go about 2.5 hours before high water and recover about 2.5 hrs after you should be ok. We went in our Itiwit 3 man canoe but if you watch the little video below you can see how lovely it is. We had a lovely time and managed 3.4 knots on the paddle

Hurricane

Visit site
While you are in the area, there is the Totnes Boating Association (Boat Club) which is a fun club for both yachties and motor boaters.
They have a lovely modern clubhouse - here's a link to their location
Totnes Boating Association · Steamer Quay Rd, Totnes TQ9 5AL, Vereinigtes Königreich
I guess that the weekend would be the best time to visit them.
This is their website
Home | Totnes Boating Club

Over the winter, we were invited to a number of social evenings there - a very friendly bunch of people.

Bilgediver

Visit site
It is a great area and across the river you have creek with The Masters at the top end. My kids loved these places when we stayed in Dittisham in their younger days and hired a Drascombe for the period.

I seem to remember the locals calling the opposite creek Apple Orchard Creek though the name does not appear on Google Maps.

Stoke Gabriel was the stopping place for ice cream and cream teas.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
While you are in the area, there is the Totnes Boating Association (Boat Club) which is a fun club for both yachties and motor boaters.
They have a lovely modern clubhouse - here's a link to their location
Totnes Boating Association · Steamer Quay Rd, Totnes TQ9 5AL, Vereinigtes Königreich
I guess that the weekend would be the best time to visit them.
This is their website
Home | Totnes Boating Club

Over the winter, we were invited to a number of social evenings there - a very friendly bunch of people.
Thanks for that info. That is where we all rafted up on Sunday when our group the South West sports boat rally went from Brixham to Totnes for a BBQ

Bigplumbs

Visit site
It is a great area and across the river you have creek with The Masters at the top end. My kids loved these places when we stayed in Dittisham in their younger days and hired a Drascombe for the period.

I seem to remember the locals calling the opposite creek Apple Orchard Creek though the name does not appear on Google Maps.

Stoke Gabriel was the stopping place for ice cream and cream teas.
Lovely place indeed