Stockholm race now open

sarabande

Visit site
hmm, with the wind on the nose for the first 13 miles, I can see everyone relishing having to set up fifty DCs to get to the first mark.

If you look at Google Earth, you can see why these Svedes are such good sailors.
sveden.jpg
[/IMG]

Dipper

Visit site
I see you have already registered. You can practice up until 1700 hrs. I set off yesterday and am now listed as No1 but that will be the only time I reach that lofty height.

Edit - I see you have set off on a practice already. I hope you won't always be one step ahead of me!

Last edited:

monkfish24

Visit site
Yeah, I've been using a bit of both rhumb line methods, TWA and CC

Edit: Time error! that was a reply to the question below!

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
I don't know if you've spotted it yet but if you use the compass rose, you get a predicted boat speed and VMG reading to the lower right of the polar. The VMG is relative to the wind direction and not the next mark.

chrisgee

Visit site
I think he did ! Well done Trev on your YBW win.
I guess we can go back to the big one now only 170 odd mls to go: although after the Swedish race I think I need a lie down in a dark room for few days ,never seen so many obstacles.
Chrisgee ( Ybw - Jolini)

Dipper

Visit site
I guess we can go back to the big one now only 170 odd mls to go: although after the Swedish race I think I need a lie down in a dark room for few days ,never seen so many obstacles.
Chrisgee ( Ybw - Jolini)

I forgot about the big one during this race and went aground. I don't think it will affect my ranking much though. ;)

Well done Trev around the islands and well done to Alistair in the trans Atlantic. Brilliant second half to get near the front of the fleet.