Stern Thruster Space

db631018

Visit site
We have a client who wants to put a stern thruster on a S42 that is on outdrives-it looks to me as if there is just enough space.

Has anyone done this or have any helpfull comments? It is a QL SP900 thruster that we would fit.

MapisM

Visit site
Since you asked for ANY helpful comments...
I'd rather explain the customer why he'd better waste his money elsewhere.
You'll loose some work now, but possibly gain some reputation with that customer of yours and his friends, whenever he'll talk about honest yards he can trust.

db631018

Visit site
MapisM

I could'nt agree more! I have already tried that but he's convinced his daughter will be able to use the boat with one fitted!

I would rather teach her to drive it properly but we live in the times of a quick fix and thats what he's after.

Solitaire

Visit site
I know a person who fitted a stern thruster to a Targa 38, so it can be done. You have two choices, fit it and walk away or tell him to give you the cost of fitting it and then do shed loads of training with is daughter! But I'm betting that as she does not live in Lanzarote time is not on your side.

Send her to us, we have a V42 on stern drives and we'll teach her! Oh, I'll pay commission! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chill

Visit site
Too many things to think about....
Wheel
Port Engine
Std Engine
Bow Thruster
Stern Thruster

Where would you start teaching someone!! nightmare

MapisM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
he's convinced his daughter will be able to use the boat with one fitted!

[/ QUOTE ]Well in this case your conscience is safe.
Go ahead and grab him all the money he can waste! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oceandrive

www.oceandrivecharter.com
By the way Seamaster,

Lifted the school boat and the rams with the gators were undamaged no leaks!!! still not convinced that they will do a full season but so far OK. If I get two seasons from a set then will be quite happy.

db631018

Visit site
Gskip, Thanks for the info on the rams, have just put another set on over here will post it if anything bad occurs again!