Standard Horizon CP 300i plotter Cartography?

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Hi all, sorry for yet another question so quickly after my tri colour problem.

I have a Standard Horizon CP 300i plotter which I managed to get the last update available, before they stopped any future Jespersen Cartography updates.
Question is, as this is now out of date again.

Is there any other make of cartography that will work in my plotter?

Thanks as always for any replies

Last edited:
Visit site
The CP300i uses orange CMAP cartridges ? My wife managed to got ours updated for a CP180i in May 2024 at Force4 at Stonehouse (headoffice}, although maps updated was correct to Nov/Dec 2023. I think this is the last time CMAP are updating them but you should be able to get them loaded.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
The CP300i uses orange CMAP cartridges ? My wife managed to got ours updated for a CP180i in May 2024 at Force4 at Stonehouse (headoffice}, although maps updated was correct to Nov/Dec 2023. I think this is the last time CMAP are updating them but you should be able to get them loaded.
Thanks for the reply Chris.

Mine was last updated in September 2021 but was told it was the last CP 300i Max card updated available.
I was just wondering if there was any other cartography that would work in the plotter as I don't want to have to buy another one.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Chris.

Mine was last updated in September 2021 but was told it was the last CP 300i Max card updated available.
I was just wondering if there was any other cartography that would work in the plotter as I don't want to have to buy another one.
Nothing else will work with the Standard Horizon plotters.

If Chris got a Nov/Dec update for his 180, it will work with the 300, both use the same charts.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Paul.
So is it possible the 180 still has updates. It might just be they have stopped the 300i Max charts then?
Whst is the difference between standard 180 and 300 Max chart? I have no experience of these two different types of chart.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
So is it possible the 180 still has updates. It might just be they have stopped the 300i Max charts then?
Whst is the difference between standard 180 and 300 Max chart? I have no experience of these two different types of chart.
As best i remember, the 180 and 300 charts are the same. Give Force 4 a ring ?

Visit site
The orange Max cartridges are the same. The CP180i is just a smaller version of your CP300i. Just checked my invoice dated 15/3/2024 ( a bit earlier than I thought in my post above). For an Atlantic Mega Wide Max Update I paid £153.50.

The chap who does the updates at Force4 is called Lee.

As far as I know the Standard Horizon CP family only take orange CMAP cartridges so when it is too old I'll have to buy a new plotter with modern style chart format.

xeitosaphil

Visit site
The orange Max cartridges are the same. The CP180i is just a smaller version of your CP300i. Just checked my invoice dated 15/3/2024 ( a bit earlier than I thought in my post above). For an Atlantic Mega Wide Max Update I paid £153.50.

The chap who does the updates at Force4 is called Lee.

As far as I know the Standard Horizon CP family only take orange CMAP cartridges so when it is too old I'll have to buy a new plotter with modern style chart format.
Thanks for the info Chris, will see if I can track down Lee and have a chat with him. That was virtually the same price I paid 2 years previously for my upgrade, so not a cheap upgrade.
I do wonder since not going that far these days, if I just manage with what I've got , and put the upgrade money towards a new plotter?
Was hoping there maybe other suitable cartography to use with existing plotter but hey ho, that's life I suppose.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
 Philip