ST70 instrument won't start properly -why?

NPMR

Visit site
We have full Raymarine system for GPS plotters, depth/log/wind/autohelm.

We have 2 x ST70 readouts for speed and depth, with 2 other options showing on the same instrument (Distance sailed/to waypoint/heading etc )

One of the ST70 will not start properly, the screen remaining blank but 'beeps' when you press menu/cancel/enter etc which makes me feel it has electrical power. After a lot of fiddling it can be got to work, but has by then lost one of the preferred parameters and has to be reprogrammed. Works well and continuously until turned off and then you have to go through the whole process again next time.

Any ideas?

GrahamD

Visit site
Have you tried talking to Raymarine technical support? +44 (0)1329 246 777

I installed some new Raymarine kit during the Spring and I phoned them a few times when I was stuck. I found them to be very helpful and knowledgable

NPMR

Visit site
Have you tried talking to Raymarine technical support? +44 (0)1329 246 777

I installed some new Raymarine kit during the Spring and I phoned them a few times when I was stuck. I found them to be very helpful and knowledgable

Spoke to them and they could only suggest sending it to them, to look at. 2 - week waiting list however.

Result now is that the software has been updated and should be OK. Will fit and test, and report in due course.

GrahamD

Visit site
Hope it works. I've got two ST70s. Apparently Raymarine are no longer developing the software, so you will have the last version now.