www.aloeland.co.uk
Oops!-time to scrub the bottom

P4191017.jpg

P4191016.jpg

and the two in the same shot:

P4191018.jpg

Chrissie

Visit site
Lower than I would expect, are they the right side of the greens? and where abouts is that exactly (so I can avoid)

Giblets

Visit site
Lets hope they got the kettle on first before they tipped over. That was the most important thing my sailing instructor told me. :)

brianhumber

Visit site
Bit between Chi Post and Birdham post on a direct line is shallower than the actual channel up to marina itself, you have to describe an arc to the west to get the deepest water.

It will be Wacky Races time at the Marina on Friday morning as its LW 0830. I expect those with fixed keels will still be in the queue to lock out when free flow starts.

Brian

bobgoode

Visit site
Bit between Chi Post and Birdham post on a direct line is shallower than the actual channel up to marina itself, you have to describe an arc to the west to get the deepest water.

It will be Wacky Races time at the Marina on Friday morning as its LW 0830. I expect those with fixed keels will still be in the queue to lock out when free flow starts.

Brian

He He ... I'm buggering off around 5 am on Sat to avoid the queue.

fireball

Visit site
Looks like Grace is on a mooring?

No moorings at that point ... they stop before you get to the Birdham turn off and don't start again until you're nearer Dell Quay.

It is between the two Green posts for Birdham Pool and Chichester Marina - yes they are the right side of the greens ... yes it seems a little shallower than normal!!
We're only usually winter visitors there...
Scrub the bottom would be fun to try ... you'll sink 8-12" into the mud each step ....

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Maybe as soon as he touched he took off his dodgers and put ones with "Grace" written on them up? :D

I think the OP should post the full size version on www.yourboatpix.com. Seriously, if it was me I'd want the image.

If anyone knows the owner then I could email the photo direct.

It's still Springs so I'll have another look at the fairway at LW this evening and see if there are any more :p

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
No moorings at that point ... they stop before you get to the Birdham turn off and don't start again until you're nearer Dell Quay.

It is between the two Green posts for Birdham Pool and Chichester Marina - yes they are the right side of the greens ... yes it seems a little shallower than normal!!
We're only usually winter visitors there...
Scrub the bottom would be fun to try ... you'll sink 8-12" into the mud each step ....

Ahem.

grace.jpg

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
aground

on the slug I spend a lot of time aground

often deliberatly grounded

you would be amazed at how often people offer help or express their derision

running aground is all part of the fun when you have three keels

Earlier this week I was in Salcombe - all sorts of rocks I have never seen before were showing

as in inveterate cutter or corners I shall have to mend my ways when I get to the rocky places

Dylan

Tom Price

N/A
Visit site
Those very low tides

Just be grateful that pressure at 1012 mb is roughly 'normal' at the moment (actually just below.) What mayhem can we expect with settled weather and the barometer over 1030mb?

At the risk of drifting this thread, could we have some pics of delights afforded by 5.0 metre tides? For example, I went alongside The Ship at Langstone yesterday lunchtime and after every pint the echosounder was showing more water!

Now that's what I call cruising . . .

Martin_J

Visit site
You had an echosounder in your pint?... now that's what I call cruising!

If it was showing more water after every pint - was the beer more watered down.. or was it raining..

(Ignore me.. it's sunny and it's the weekend - Enjoy!).