Spray hood will it fit my boat?

Binman

Visit site
I was looking to fit a spray hood to my Pandora700, but I'm almost sure it isn't possible, Has any body tried it, or brought same boat with one fitted, as there appears to be not enough room.

Binman

Visit site
I have tried that, when you click on the image they aren't the 700, I have spent at least 2hrs tonight looking at pandora 700 for sale, haven't found one with hood, a couple highlight spray hood but not shown and not in full description. Coach roof to boom gap no more than nine inches, will measure next time I'm on my boat. But I'm pretty sure it's even less.

Uricanejack

Visit site
You can have an 8 1/2 inch spray hood. if you think it will do any good.
There are a number of reasons why I don't have one. There wasn't one with the boat and they are expensive. also It would be quite low. Not that low. I see other boats have them but add a cockpit top further aft
with zip out section between.

l'escargot

Visit site
I had a boat with a high coachroof / low boom and just folded the sprayhood down when sailing. OK, not much protection when underway but but just raised the boom on the topping lift and put it up to get the benefit when tied up.

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
A good sail maker should know your model of boat. I enquired in my local boatyard about a hood for my snappy, (before finding out the eye watering cost). I was told the sail maker in Woodbridge can make any spray hood and create the fixing regime to suit your model. After, looking at prices, we thought.............................Nah.

prv

Visit site
I was told the sail maker in Woodbridge can make any spray hood and create the fixing regime to suit your model.

I'm sure any maker of covers could make something that will fit on the OP's boat - the question is whether the result will be any use. The person best placed to answer that is the OP.

Pete

HenryEDM

Visit site
A sailmaker could recut your main and raise your boom if you were willing to sacrifice performance for comfort otherwise it's a case of sailing with sparayhood down. Either way a decent sailmaker can make a hood to fit any boat.

Binman

Visit site
Thanks Henry, something to consider, I have two sailmakers in mind, Wilkinsons from Faversham, and A B Textiles from Chatham. Former quoted £675, still to obtain quote from latter.

Last edited:

Concerto

Visit site
Thanks Henry, something to consider, I have two sailmakers in mind, Wilkinsons from Faversham, and A B Textiles from Chatham. Former quoted £675, still to obtain quote from latter.

A & B will be a lot cheaper but...............................you will wait a long time for delivery. My bunk cushions should have been ready in 6 weeks, but took 4 months. Then they forgot to make one, which took another fortnight and I still do not have the curtains some 2 months later. The time was not so critical to me but if you go this route then start now to be ready for next season.

Binman

Visit site
I know what you mean, from Two weeks to five weeks for a sacrificial strip replacement, at one point they couldn't find my jib.