spare battery to carry for yanmar 2gm20 starting

pcatterall

Visit site
I use one of those jump start packs also. In fact I keep it in the car and take it to the boat when I go out. Just make sure it has enough grunt to turn your specific engine over.
They look so small to have that sort of punch. I cant relate the claimed 20 0r 30k amp claims to engine size and can we believe some of the outputs printed on the chargers? Which power rating would my perkins 4108 need?!

RogerJolly

Visit site
Do you need more starting amps with twin and single cylinders, even though overall cc less?

Maybe there's big peaks in demand to get over compression (where with eg 4 cyl there's always cylinder decompressing in its 'power' stroke, helping).

salar

harley25refit.blogspot.co.uk
They look so small to have that sort of punch. I cant relate the claimed 20 0r 30k amp claims to engine size and can we believe some of the outputs printed on the chargers? Which power rating would my perkins 4108 need?!
Perkins 4108 is 2000cc I believe, so one that can start a 2000cc diesel van would do the job. Yes they are small! You can only turn an engine for 30 seconds though, unlike a second battery which would keep going.

colind3782

Visit site
Perkins 4108 is 2000cc I believe, so one that can start a 2000cc diesel van would do the job. Yes they are small! You can only turn an engine for 30 seconds though, unlike a second battery which would keep going.
Not sure that turning the engine over for more than 30 seconds would be very good for the starter motor! The one I have is 20000mAh and easily started my Sole Mini 34 which is 31 HP and about 1300cc.

salar

harley25refit.blogspot.co.uk
Not sure that turning the engine over for more than 30 seconds would be very good for the starter motor! The one I have is 20000mAh and easily started my Sole Mini 34 which is 31 HP and about 1300cc.
Exactly! I'm just quoting the spec. If the engine needs that much help it has a bigger problem than the battery. Mine is only 1500A peak https://amzn.to/43uQZmz but coupled with the battery, "With 20000mAh battery and 1500A peak current, it can jump start flat batteries up to 30 times, works well for all 12V battery cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles, etc." Works well on my 2.4 litre Volvo car and 240HP Yanmar.