Southerly Yachts

Rabbit

Visit site
Any one know about the Southerly range of Yachts?

I was thinking 30 / 36 lifting keel.

Who has got one?

Can I meet up and have a look?

Happy new year. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kind regards,
Les.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
The latest ones sail quite well be all accounts. There are a couple of older ones on the Roach, one at Carter's yard in Rochford.

The older ones don't sail that well but if you are into ditch crawling the lifting keel may make up for it.

Gargleblaster

Visit site
There are two Southerly 115s [37 feet] in Carter's yard at Rochford. At least one of them is for sale although the owner hasn't got himself a replacement yet. He has done a lot of work on her and restored her to 'as new' condition.

I sailed across the Atlantic on one of them from Florida to Falmouth. A bit like crossing in a double decker bus as far as windward ability was concerned. But the lifting keel was great when I as navigator tried to run us aground on the Bahamas. Also with her waterline length she is quite a credible racer and the lifting keel certainly helps in East Coast rivers and estuaries.

DipperToo

Visit site
I have had a 110 for several years now and do not regret for one minute the decision. Expensive to buy but they do hold their value and the hull is incredibly well laid up. The newer boats with twin rudders sail much better, but it is a whole new learning experience in tight marina spaces as there is no prop wash to assist! A bow thruster is almost mandatory if you intend marina use.There are several Southerlies at Shotley and also a few at Titchmarsh (Their East Coast agent is based at Titchmarsh).
Stewart

Rabbit

Visit site
Hi Guys.

Happy new year to you all.

Thank you for you thoughts.

I think i will look into it further

kind regards,
Les. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif