Sorry another T2L question

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Hi everyone.
I've been searching for a download of the t2l form....but many out there and not sure which is the best one..
So if someone could advise on the best download.
And the general procedure of processing the form.

Many thanks for your input

nortada

Visit site
Ok yes I see each page is relevant to something slightly different....
So page 4 is for a boat

It’s all one big farce.

A T2L is a transit document that accompanies an export/load on it’s journey through the EU.

The different (duplicate) pages are a record of its progress. Each page is kept by a different agency.

Page 4 is the page that stays with the export/load. Which in this case is the boat.

In terms of VAT paid a T2L proves nothing but if it keeps the authorities happy ................

Artic Warrior

Visit site
It’s all one big farce.

A T2L is a transit document that accompanies an export/load on it’s journey through the EU.

The different (duplicate) pages are a record of its progress. Each page is kept by a different agency.

Page 4 is the page that stays with the export/load. Which in this case is the boat.

In terms of VAT paid a T2L proves nothing but if it keeps the authorities happy ................
yes I've read different things about the form saying it really doesn't prove much and is just a load of red tape....
I have paperwork showing the boat was born in 81 and as it was a French built boat I also have the certificate de radiation showing it is VAT free and is owing nothing but I wanted the the t2l form as well just in case.

nortada

Visit site
yes I've read different things about the form saying it really doesn't prove much and is just a load of red tape....
I have paperwork showing the boat was born in 81 and as it was a French built boat I also have the certificate de radiation showing it is VAT free and is owing nothing but I wanted the the t2l form as well just in case.

Same with us. In these uncertain times every bit of paper may help.✔

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I wouldn't worry then , especially if you are in Greece over the relevant days! However it cannot do any harm, especially if you are going to either Croatia or Portugal, where they think it is the magic potion.

RupertW

Visit site
I wouldn't worry then , especially if you are in Greece over the relevant days! However it cannot do any harm, especially if you are going to either Croatia or Portugal, where they think it is the magic potion.
No they don’t - it’s a total irrelevance. If you are VAT paid and in EU on transition day you are no longer VAT paid in UK and vice versa. You can’t be both unless the EU changes it’s legislation- it won’t / or the UK does which I doubt despite its promises.

syvictoria

Visit site
Ok yes I see each page is relevant to something slightly different....
So page 4 is for a boat

Hi. As I was advised by Nortada on another current thread, you'll find (if following the instructions in the link) that there is no Box 16 on page 4! 'Issued respectively' should it seem be printed in boxes 15 & 17.

nortada

Visit site
Hi. As I was advised by Nortada on another current thread, you'll find (if following the instructions in the link) that there is no Box 16 on page 4! 'Issued respectively' should it seem be printed in boxes 15 & 17.

Ooops! I to was surprised to see no Box 16 so I have amended the Aide Memoire to read Boxes 15 & 17.

Many thanks for picking this error up. ?

LinTeal

Visit site
No they don’t - it’s a total irrelevance. If you are VAT paid and in EU on transition day you are no longer VAT paid in UK and vice versa. You can’t be both unless the EU changes it’s legislation- it won’t / or the UK does which I doubt despite its promises.
I had been aware that as things stand you need to have your boat in the EU on 31 Dec if you wanted to avoid paying VAT again if you remain in the EU.However despite the logic I hadn't realised that the downside was you would have to pay the VAT again if you return to the UK.As things stand is that others understanding ?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
That is not correct!
HMRC has said the UK Vessels in the EU 27 will retain UK Vat paid status.
In fact - Us Brits are finally getting their cake and eating it!

The reason is that we have NOT exported our Yachts to the EU - no paperwork or anything, there fore we are just sailing the world.... The 3 years export thingy applied in general to goods which have genuinely been exported, and chattels taken out by UK expats, are returnable. RGR was put in place to handle EXPORTED goods - It was never in place for Yachts, although HMRC has moved to allay fears and to match the EU in applying RGR to EU27 yachts in the UK following French owners worries when the original advice would have disenfranchised French (and other EU27 owners), RGR was dug out and adapted to fit.

In terms of anyone needing to apply for RGR, its there as a technicality - I doubt whether any one will use it.

Following this rare alignment of UK and EU Rules, it follows that a French yachts in the UK on B-day will also have his cake and eat it:giggle:

RupertW

Visit site
That is not correct!
HMRC has said the UK Vessels in the EU 27 will retain UK Vat paid status.
In fact - Us Brits are finally getting their cake and eating it!

The reason is that we have NOT exported our Yachts to the EU - no paperwork or anything, there fore we are just sailing the world.... The 3 years export thingy applied in general to goods which have genuinely been exported, and chattels taken out by UK expats, are returnable. RGR was put in place to handle EXPORTED goods - It was never in place for Yachts, although HMRC has moved to allay fears and to match the EU in applying RGR to EU27 yachts in the UK following French owners worries when the original advice would have disenfranchised French (and other EU27 owners), RGR was dug out and adapted to fit.

In terms of anyone needing to apply for RGR, its there as a technicality - I doubt whether any one will use it.

Following this rare alignment of UK and EU Rules, it follows that a French yachts in the UK on B-day will also have his cake and eat it:giggle:
Oh dear, you have swallowed this one too.

Promises have been madeon this one but no legislation or statutory instruments to make it so. So IF this government doesn’t change its mind and IF the right legislation is drawn up in time and IF this is a major government priority during the Brexit negotiation period then you are correct.

With this government I wouldn’t bet a fiver on it.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Promises have been madeon this one but no legislation or statutory instruments to make it so. So IF this government doesn’t change its mind and IF the right legislation is drawn up in time and IF this is a major government priority during the Brexit negotiation period then you are correct.

What are you talking about? Chris_Robb is quite correct. All that will happen is the existing state of affairs will continue, no legislation required. A UK boat taken or based outside the UK has never lost its VAT status, as long as returns under the same ownership. The EU situation will be just the same as boats returning from (say) Turkey now, using Returned Goods Relief. Technically, VAT could be charged on any improvements made but never heard of it being charged. Nothing to do with ANY government so please keep politics out of it.

nortada

Visit site

Promises have been made on this one but no legislation or statutory instruments to make it so. So IF this government doesn’t change its mind and IF the right legislation is drawn up in time and IF this is a major government priority during the Brexit negotiation period then you are correct.

If Chris has swallowed this one so have the rest of us.

There are dozens of threads on the VAT status of UK boats post Brexit and hundreds (if not thousands) of posts on the subject, which clearly state the facts as quoted by Chris.

HMRC is not the current government.

Sorry Graham, you beat me to it. Still 2 voices are better than one. ✔

This forum on the lap top crazy slow today :mad:

Last edited:

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
If Chris has swallowed this one so have the rest of us.

Can't find it now but someone with more patience may find a post of mine quite a few months ago after I had spoken to HMRC about VAT and RGR. What I said above #17 is what they told me, not a personal opinion. I suggest those who think they know better should phone VAT Imports & Exports helpline to discuss RGR.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

I'll bet £10,000,000 on it. I think you will owe me a fiver...... which I will happily forego as I am going to have my cake and eat it.

The legal agreements were settle with the leaving agreement. No law written other than a change from EU customs territories to UK customs territories- simpler.