Someone in Sunbury is in a hurry (mind your wash)

Doolittle

Visit site
I was following a Dunkirk little ship Bluebird of Chelsea up to the trad rally at Henley during the very strong stream and such was their pace, they visibly got smaller as they powered away from my Seamaster leaving barely a ripple. The Seamaster however, at over 8 knots (the stream was running 5-6) the Seamaster would sit right back, bow would head skywards and would send a Tsunami over the bank!! I only tried it for a second. Charmingly, Bluebird waited for me at each lock until I caught up and then slowed their pace to keep me in sight.

Of course hull shape is the key.

No Regrets

Visit site
Message recieved...

However, At the time of purchase, and with a sub £30K budget, with the understanding I didn't want something with a pair of neolithic engines and crusty outdrives which would soon require a £10K overhaul....The Rio at 39 hours and 3 years old seemed like a good bet.

Now with respect to the brokers, who knew I wanted to take the boat over the channel at some stage, nobody told me about the differences in Wash between a boat designed mainly for the River, and those designed for planing at sea.

In fairness, it seems better when laden (Is this usual??)

I have seen worse offenders, but after reading posts on the forum I have been made more aware, and have dealt with the situation.