Solent Get Together .......

G

Yes its me again .....

July 6-7-8 Get Together in Solent .... all invited.

Proposed venues are :

Friday 6th and night alongside at FOLLY INN Saturday 7th and night alongside at Bucklers Hard Marina Sunday go home ? or continue on to Yarmouth.

Please e-mail to me your contact and boat details so that we can book pontton / mooring space / pub tables etc.

The first in April was a hit and we aim for them to get better and to become a regular jaunt....

G

Nigel,

How about getting together with Suse and Hayden on 'Power' and making the raft a bit bigger.

The reason I mention it is that I was intending gate crashing theirs, and the dates clash.

If we can overcome the sail vs. power preddjudice of course, though this isn't a problem to me. I had power boats for 15 years before I returned to sail.

Hope you make it this time!

Andy

G

Nigel,

How about getting together with Suse and Hayden on 'Power' and making the raft a bit bigger.

The reason I mention it is that I was intending gate crashing theirs, and the dates clash.

If we can overcome the sail vs. power preddjudice of course, though this isn't a problem to me. I had power boats for 15 years before I returned to sail.

Hope you make it this time!

Andy

G

No problem for me ... what about Simes, Hugh, Martin etc. ?

I haven't checked the Power side .... can you lead us into that one ?? But remember the keel requirements .... power boys generally don't need to be afloat all time !!!!

Oh yes .... have you read the idiots posting above, regarding my not being able to have a Solent gathering, 'cause I work in Estonia ???

I'm all for ALL boats, sail / power whatever - in fact if someone wanted to join in with a dayboat syuch as wayfarer - excellent - we can look after them !

I would like to see it develop as one of the all time great get-togethers.

Nigel

G

Re: Solent Get Together ....... No Problem...

for me. I assume the type of person we are going to attract is one that wants to meet other "water" persons with a common interest, i.e. boats. I don't think someone that just wants to thrash around creating loads of smoke will be wanting to join us. The power guys may have to wait for us to catch up though (and steal the deeper water).

Now, who is this idiot above, I have not found it yet. Does he/she not realise it was a meeting of this BB contributers that was organised and if someone from Australia wanted to come it would be just as acceptable. It was thanks to Nigel for suggesting it that it all happened even if he, in the end, couldn't make it himself.

Hugh

G

Sounds good to me

Nigel,

That suits us very well, we are away on our annual cruise that weekend, so a nice start for us. We will be on to Yarmouth and then ports West.

Great the last one was some much fun that we will not miss the next. What about the BBQ at Priory Bay?

Well Done Mate

G

Re: Sounds good to me

BBQ can be anytime you want ...... Svete and I are avid BBQ'rs and have them at the slightest whim !!!!

I am designing a clip on BBQ to fit my stern rail, I don't want to buy a Boaty special at £60 !!! A HIBACHI on a support and hinge to empty overboard, all in about £20 ??? Plus it can be lifted off and used on the beach ..... hope I get it together next UK visit !!!

Anyway, let me know on e-mail what the planned cruise is and maybe Svete and I will tag along for a bit - we are looking at about a week afloat next time .....

Cheers Nigel