Solent/ Cherbourg Holidays With Kids

alastair

www.javacharter.co.uk
We are on holiday from 28th July for 2 weeks. Weather permitting, we intend to visit Bembridge, Cowes, Yarmouth Poole and Cherbourg, maybe CI's. The schedule is by no means set!
We have 2 kids: girl 9 and boy 7, and would like to cruise/meet up with similar families.
Our boat is an oldish Princess 33, with twin 165HPs - normal cruising speed 16-18 Knots.
Send us a PM if you are in similar circumstances, even if you are not on holidays at this time. We try to get out most weekends, but seldom meet families with kids in the same age group.

Alastair & Carmel

c_j

Visit site
We have a V40 and will be in Studland/Swanage area around the 28th-31st. Our kids (boys) range from 8 to 16 and we will be there with friends so by all means give us a call on the VHF (stone me) and come and have a beer.

It is so difficult organising kids with new friends but I feel that its something that the boating world lacks. I got our boat mainly to keep our family together at weekends and holidays, but if we had some way of meeting other boaters who felt this way then it would be so much better.

I did think of organising an annual cricket match for families on the green just behind the Marina in Cherbourg. We played there in May when we went on a cruise in company and it was really good fun. We do not get back their until the 17th ish of August but how can families get together with others?

Of course it often happens by luck and often our boat has been met by two or three other sociable youngsters and soon they are all crabbing and fishing and having a great time together.

But I would like to take the luck out of such meetings and I think it would be a great idea if there were a club for families with boats.

How about MBM organising a kids club rally, at studland or some other venue?

As I say, we are in Studland and Swanage area from the 28th to the 31st and then Dartmouth/Salcombe/Torquay for the rest of the week.

We will in Cherbourg 17th August and C I's after that so please give us a call if you are there.

CJ
chris@stone.uk.com

www.stone.uk.com

SailorSam

Visit site
Hi we have a sealine 255 and 2 girls (3 + 9) and are aiming for 3 Aug Portsmouth to Poole or Cherbourg (Weather dependent) and 4th Poole or Cherbourg to Guernsey. Thereafter to Jersey where we have a house for 2 weeks and then return. whilst in Jersey we aim to atke several ovrnight trips to France. If this lines up at all then please email me (s@skings.com)

Simon

"Tanamera"

wheneverIcan

Visit site
We have two children, boy 7 and girl 2 (climbing 2)
We were considering going on a RYA accompanied cruise to france this year but thought we'd stick to shorter journeys until next year when my daughter can be restrained a little more! We are based in Lymington and so far have restricted our cruising to the sloent. We are venturing to Weymouth, hopefully, sometime next week.
If anyone has any tips on moorings etc then pls let us know. Also how to keep youngsters entertained.

Cheers

Simon

G

Well, I'm up for it. I'm on enforced gardening leave for four weeks from, errr, now. Two kids - boy of 6.5 and a girl of 8, and a Targa 29 based in Christchurch. email me at graham@dashdash.demon.co.uk