Solent Challenge

DeeGee

Visit site
Having been invited to a weekend on my pal's boat down there in your crowded southern parts - we are also invited to suggest where to go, and where to eat. Please advise and describe your best combination for a wkend trip and eatery, with quiet sleeping guaranteed, please (us mudwallowers from the Far East don't much like noise). :+)

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Starting from where, what time of year and how many nights?

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2002

tony_brighton

Visit site
If you like shallow muddy places try Newtown Creek - get the dinghy out for a trip to The New Inn @ Shalfleet.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Depends where you're coming from.

At top of the Hamble there's a nice little eatery. Write up on website (link below).

Newton on the IoW is very beautiful and quiet.

Chich Harbour difficult to bear for pubs and walks when not afloat.

Everyone'll probably give a different answer!

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Aarrgh! I meant beat! nm

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Gets my vote - good food and nice anchorage - if you can get in.

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2002

Little_Russel

Visit site
Try Beaulieu, Lymington town quay, Keyhaven, Alum Bay, Totland Bay, Colwell Bay, Yarmouth, Newtown, Cowes, Bembridge, Seaview and Priory Bay. Just about all of these places have eateries nearby.

<hr width=100% size=1>