Solent Boat Jumble this Sunday 14th May

wolfy

Visit site
Solent Boat Jumble this Sunday 14th May at Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley Abbey. Southampton SO31 5DR J8 M27
Opens 10am
Adult entry £5
Free parking & access to country park.
Seller spaces from £25
boat-jumbles.co.uk

lustyd

Visit site
If Marine Bazaar in Plymouth is too far then yes, maybe.Boat Jumbles are usually just second hand shops turning up from what I've seen. I wouldn't describe anything I've seen at them as a bargain, Ebay is usually more useful. Be sure to check timings and arrive early, the one at Haslar last year packed up and finished very early - before lunch if I recall!

dancrane

Visit site
Now that I haven't got a boat to attach bits to, I should save more money than ever previously, by going. :)

Rappey

Visit site
I was able to get in before the public at the last one i went to. I left and concluded there were no bargains and some things seemed cheaper buying from a chandlery.

dancrane

Visit site
I've been lucky in the past. I once got a huge bundle of braided 3mm line, better than any I've found since, and very cheap.

I do worry about stuff that may have been liberated without its owner's permission, though.

lustyd

Visit site
I've been lucky in the past. I once got a huge bundle of braided 3mm line, better than any I've found since, and very cheap.

I do worry about stuff that may have been liberated without its owner's permission, though.
When you say "huge bundle" and "cheap" can you quantify these? The Marlow stuff seems pretty cheap to me at £9 for 30m braided dyneema 3mm cord that can take twice my weight!
Marlow Excel Pro/Racing Hi Brites Reels

wombat88

Visit site
I enjoyed boat jumbles ten years or so ago. More recently they have been a waste of time and/or the entrance fee, whichever is more important to you.

dancrane

Visit site
When you say "huge bundle" and "cheap" can you quantify these?

I can't, it was that long ago, probably eight or nine years.

I just measured it with a caliper and it's a shade over 3.5mm dia. It's been good for so many jobs which other line was always significantly too thick or too light for, that I've regarded finding it as a bit of good luck.