SOF Shipyards

jcwads

Visit site
Hello All

Bit of a mighty **** up, but I was due to go out the water for a week at La Rague on Monday. Turns out my booking was messed up. Arie de Boom had a staff member leave and my booking wasn’t processed etc etc long story. I’m then directed to the shipyard as they do bookings now apparently. Either way they said on Friday they are booked to June.

Monaco Beaulieu have no space, trying Monaco Antibes first thing tomorrow but unlikely. Also at the Monacos you can’t do your own antifouling.

Any other suggestions or yards accessible from Port Vauban that anyone knows….

mcanderson

Visit site
St Laurent you can do your own work if you can get into the public bit. Have also heard good things about Cap D’Ail, but never used them. Mike F gets his boat done around at Jean Les Pins, but no idea if you can do anything yourself.

Oh and what about Cannes Port Services | IGY Marinas

Portofino

Visit site
Get a diver to jet wash it and change anodes ……..time this a week before you start boating proper this season . This will keep you going until convenient lift out can be arranged .

Reactions: vas

jfm

Visit site
Bad luck JCWads. Yes there was some big change over at La Rague and I'm not sure of the details but crane bookings now seem to be done by a different organisation and different group of people. Our last use of that yard was Autumn 2023 (my brother's boat) and it was ok but we preferred the old system.

Yes you will find it difficult to get a slot now.
Bleumer in Baie des Anges would be my first call. But I'm not sure if open/struggling. Seems ok on website. You can do own antifoul. (my old boat is on their facebook page :))
Cannes vieux port is good but might be closing due to imminent rebuild/relocation.
St Laurent du var is good.
Rodriguez in golfe Juan is good but likely full, and they insist on doing antifoul.

You could try the Italian yards eastwards (San Remo, San Lorenzo, Loano etc, (in that geographical order) and Porto's suggestion of a diver is pretty good imho. Do you have the number of the Antibes diver, Antonio?

jcwads

Visit site
Bad luck JCWads. Yes there was some big change over at La Rague and I'm not sure of the details but crane bookings now seem to be done by a different organisation and different group of people. Our last use of that yard was Autumn 2023 (my brother's boat) and it was ok but we preferred the old system.

Yes you will find it difficult to get a slot now.
Bleumer in Baie des Anges would be my first call. But I'm not sure if open/struggling. Seems ok on website. You can do own antifoul. (my old boat is on their facebook page :))
Cannes vieux port is good but might be closing due to imminent rebuild/relocation.
St Laurent du var is good.
Rodriguez in golfe Juan is good but likely full, and they insist on doing antifoul.

You could try the Italian yards eastwards (San Remo, San Lorenzo, Loano etc, (in that geographical order) and Porto's suggestion of a diver is pretty good imho. Do you have the number of the Antibes diver, Antonio?
Thanks JFM. It hasn’t been my finest hour. Lots of calls to make tomorrow morning, and thanks for all the suggestions.

jfm

Visit site
Excellent - folks told me Bleumer had a few probs last year or 2 so its good to hear they are running ok. My brother and I used them a lot over the years and we like them. Easy to use your own workers or diy, if you want. We only stopped using them because our boats are now too big for their crane.

By the way, even if it is windy/swelly as you enter the marina from the sea, it magically gets calm and wind free once you get to the crane berth, usually :)

jcwads

Visit site
Thanks. I was very very lucky. They had a yacht being launched and had one space going. Phillipe is a top chap too.

Plus a great place to spend a few days. All worked out, phew…

jfm

Visit site
Thanks. I was very very lucky. They had a yacht being launched and had one space going. Phillipe is a top chap too.

Plus a great place to spend a few days. All worked out, phew…
If you could ask Philippe (note spelling, btw) to get a 150t crane and 7m wide dock please, that would be much appreciated :) We will come back to his yard :)

Nice cafes right opposite the yard - good for lunch break. You should consider using this yard as your go-to place annually :)