So, the plan is...

Wunja

Visit site
To head over the North Sea to Harwich at Easter with the intention of filling up with Custard Creams, proper cheddar and PG tips, and to meet some of those nice East Coast Forum chaps and chapesses.

The question is will all of the East Coast types have gone to Holland/Belgium/France to avoid me? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Also, do you have any suggestions for cruising in the Harwich area for a couple of days before heading back. (Yacht is 8m with 1.3 m draft).

Note: This is either one of those dangerous statements of intent or just off season dreaming /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

sailorman

Visit site
[Also, do you have any suggestions for cruising in the Harwich area for a couple of days before heading back. (Yacht is 8m with 1.3 m draft).]

Woodbridge
Orford
Wrabness ( overnight anchorage / mooring )
R.H.Y.C. marina & walk to Pinmill ( cheaper than the MDL marina @ Woolverstone )

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
suspect many of us will be around.....

Agree with Sailorman suggestions..... all worth doing.... or for a very quiet night, anchor in Hamford Water in the Walton Backwaters....

Let us know your plans nearer the time, and i'm sure we'll manage a rendevous of some sort or another!

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Hope to be launching the boat over Easter if all goes to plan so maybe I'll be afloat.

Brightlingsea is a nice spot about 25 miles down the coast from Harwich if you have time and there is an excellent curry resturant too.

There is always a risk I feel at this time of year of getting over ambitious, I am currently planning a trip where I leave Brightlingsea on 16 May 09 to sail up towards Hartlepool, round the Scarsomething buoy and then sail down to Calais - just over 500 miles, to see afterwards if I still want to go for the JAC in 2012. That is followed by a gentle cruise up the coast to Ostend for the 'at Anchor' weekend where you can expect to see several from this forum. All I need now is to have the boat and more importantly me ready in time! A forecast with nothing over a 6 would be nice too!!

sailorman

Visit site
i have been associaded with the Deben since 1972 & never been there yet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com
Have lived in the same village for 29 years, and have still to visit the castle! Popeye had never visited Rubens' house in Antwerp until we took an overseas vistor there.
When we were in Woodbridge, we thought about going over in the tender, but the east coast mud didn't encourage us

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
If you like very good pub food I would recommend a night in SYH so you can walk to the Ship Arms in Levington.

Personally I don't like marina's, but that pub makes it worth it!

Other threads that may be of interest