sniffed out a breeze.

graham

Visit site
Locked out this afternoon not really expecting to get much of a sail. Banjo sniffed out a little band of inshore breeze that carried us nicely up channel a bit.

002-4.jpg

003-8.jpg

Then after visiting some old friends here

007.jpg

Banjo sniffed another little breeze that brought us nicely home again.Quite a satisfying afternoon for us ,we could see yachts either becalmed or motoring all over the place but the narrow banmd of inshore breeze served us well.

005-6.jpg

006.jpg

A

Alcyone

We came up from Porlock with Allan this morning. Lovely Breeze from there to Nash point, and then tacking all the way up past Barry to Lavernock. I put the engine on then, as it was dying off about 16:00 and I needed to put some life back in the Batteries.

We were quite surprised to see some people saying there was no wind.

graham

Visit site
Sounds like you had an enjoyable sail back.

Cause for a minor celebration. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
013-4.jpg

mrbloto

Visit site
you been up to R>R>C do you still no the way in nobody uses the river that much now /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

graham

Visit site
Not many buoys there now. Just the no 5 and one of the green ones on the way in.Wouldnt fancy it on the ebb now.

mrbloto

Visit site
its a shame really. to many empire builders and people moving in different directions.i tink it was the same when i took a boat around. no5 to starboard green bouy to port.you had leading mark on the shore for the entrance to the river.