Sirenia - The Photos

CliveG

Visit site
With Thanks to Lensman here are some photos of Sirenia before the clean up Crew got to work on Saturday.
cockpit.jpg

The Cockpit.

maincabin.jpg

Main Cabin

Maincabin2.jpg

Main Cabin looking aft

gally.jpg

The Galley

salvage.jpg

MrsChellers Cleaning the important salvage

theclaen-upcrew2-1.jpg

The wonderful Clean up Crew.

Eastcoastbernie has gone all shy on us and is hiding.

My thanks again to the whole lot of them.

Edited to add Solene and Mrs Solene's names to the photo.

FullCircle

Visit site
David, the missing persons are Solene and Mrs Solene.

Thanks for the photos, but when are you going to dish the dirt? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Obviously it's hard to tell from pictures, but I would say she'll be back in the oggin on time, no problem /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Lucky the cleanup crew jumped into action or that might not have been the case

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Looks like it shouldn't take too much to get her back into the water. I was dreading something far worse. Well done and sorry I couldn't help over the weekend.

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Clive

Does not look any different from when Janey and i came aboard in Oostende for a beer /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On a more serious note offer of assistance still stands relating to things mechanical and electrical if required

Neville

CliveG

Visit site
Neville

Thanks.
Are you any good at reviving dead electronics.
I think The Chart plotter may be o.k. but the Navman 3100 speed and Depth do not look good.
Quite a lot of salt crusting on the small wires going into the Chips on the boards.

Clive

CliveG

Visit site
Waiting for the Surveyors report to get to the insurers.
I need to get 2 quotes for the repairs.
I believe that the insurer will write her off.
To do all the work needed professionally would cost a lot more than her insured value.
Work needed
Repair leak
Repair Starboard deck where stanchions where punched through by recovery barge
New Mast and standing rigging (bent due to Recovery Barge hitting the back stay)
Strip and overhaul the engine and gearbox
Re wire throughout with new switchgear
Replace internal linings
Replace all electronics
Replace upholstery

Any yard looking at the work needed will think the same and not want to waste their time doing a quote.
Not sure how to overcome that one.
I will have to have a chat with the surveyor that has been appointed to see if he can convince the insurer that the quotes are not needed.
Then it will be a matter of agreeing on a value I should pay to get her back.

This is all going to take some time.
All I want to do is get on and start getting her sorted.

Sixpence

Visit site
Clive
I may be wrong and hope Neville says so if I am, but the build up of salt is most likely to have accumulated over the years, and with all power disconnected, a rinse in fresh water will disolve them away. A good rinse followed by a thorough dry in free flowing air (no airing cupboard or forced drying of any kind) and the connections should be clearly visible. If the salt has corroded anything you'll then be able to see where. If they need re-soldering that's easily done, used to build circuit boards from scratch so if you don't fancy doing it then I can help out there.
What do you reckon Neville ?

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Dave

I agree key is fresh water then while still in bits let it dry naturally, with that i would recommend a good electrical cleaner maplins do one for a couple of pounds you can spray the complete instrument once done any damage should be visable.

Zippysigma

Visit site
Hi Clive, just saw all these threads - Horrible news, but heartening to see how the forum helped.

Regarding the agreed buy back value, a friend of mine had his RIB and trailer stolen a couple of years ago. It was found 6 months later minus engine and console, but still a good basic rib and trailer that needed rebuilding.

The insurance company said he could keep it as it would cost too much to retrieve it, pay someone to store it then sell for salvage - simply was not worth their effort!

So I would suggest getting full payout, get them to pay the recovery costs then offer to take her off their hands if you don't charge them for storing her at your home!!!

I am around the Deben / Orwell area most of the time, so if you need a pair of hands for any further stages, please feel free to pm.