Simrad TP22 motor pully issue

petemon

Visit site
I have a TP22 which works apart from the belt pully has a washer on either side of the spindle to keep the belt in place, the washer on the outside has come of and can be pushed on but once the motor moves again it does the same,.
I have contacted Simred and they said theycould not offer any help as its not the current model,
Does anyone know how the pulley and washers are attached and can it be just stuck with JB weld or similar?

Thanks
PeteTP 22 spindle.jpg

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
I have a TP22 which works apart from the belt pully has a washer on either side of the spindle to keep the belt in place, the washer on the outside has come of and can be pushed on but once the motor moves again it does the same,.
I have contacted Simred and they said theycould not offer any help as its not the current model,
Does anyone know how the pulley and washers are attached and can it be just stuck with JB weld or similar?

Thanks
PeteView attachment 182084
From what you say it could, if there is no evidence to the contrary, it may be just be a push fit. If so I would have thought that a bit of suitable adhesive would do no harm. Does the washer have a flange that fits inside the pulley or does it fit on the pulley splines? If it has a flange, perhaps a bit of self amalgamating tape wrapped round may help as a first resort?

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
Thanks Alex
It pushes on with no room for much else on the out side so I suppose I may just glue it and see eh
Have you got a "Lip" on the pully where the washer fits? If so you may be able to Peen that over with a small ball been hammer or punch. Maybe that was how it was secured originally. Not sure from your picture. A view of the front of the pulley would tell. Otherwise stick to the glue :ROFLMAO: