Silly question time??

stamfordian

Visit site
Spured on by the last two here we go:...
My boat tends to "swing" around on the mooring with the wind as; SHMBO wants to sleep on it this Sat night i want to stabalise her(the boat).People have told me to use a "mud" wieght,ie an old bucket.how do you use a mud wieght ,does it have to be on the bottom??.All sugestions welcome.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Swinging eh? Oh I say!!

Just remember were to come for useful advice................

And the weather for the weekend is...............

trev

Visit site
eh !!?? Yes I would say that a mud weight would probably need to be on the bottom to be very effective - is this a wind up ??!!
I suppose the idea would be to moor her (the boat) fore and aft to stop the yawing about, OK provided she won't foul anyone elses' mooring.

Trev

ChrisP

Visit site
Can't see the problem with the boat swinging to the wind. If however you stop it you will find the boat accross the wind and it will heel and bounce in what is effectivly a side wind. Most uncomfortable. Just one other thing is there enough room for other boats to swing whilst yours is fixed? Best to leave things alone and enjoy the change in scenery.

What do you mean the sea gull in front's walking !!!

mtb

Visit site
Re: Swinging in Wells next sea !!

Yes but arent they / we supposede to ask useful questions

and any way what about the effect of tide it does come up quite well there

and the chemical bog she winged last time are you going to tie it to boat and float it !!!

Mick

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v / cheap or swap for tug

stamfordian

Visit site
Re: Swinging in Wells next sea !!

She,s got more adventurous just lately,despite falling off boat on mooring and breaking here nose!!! on cleat...bit bloody luckly she was only in four feet of water,still cost as mobile was in her pocket +binoculars,+gps+my walllet!, she was ok as well ,i got down the road from everybody else of coarse...two black eyes,swollen nose?/