Sigma 362 Rudder Bearings

kacecar

Visit site
I need to change the rudder bearings on my Sigma 362 and am unsure of how to release the lower one. The bearing is a delrin sleeve that fits over the stock and inside the rudder tube. The rudder is out and the bearing is quite loose in its tube but won't come out. I can't see anything holding the bearing in place but bit of research reveals it is most likely held in by one or two grub screws that have been epoxied over after fitting. So far at least, I have been unable to find where such screws might be. As I don't want to grind epoxy and fibreglass away willy-nilly (space is restricted, access is both tight and awkward) my question is, where are those two grub screws most likely to be? Towards the top of the bearing? Halfway up?

Any pointers will be much appreciated. Thanks.

kacecar

Visit site
Following yesterday's question, here's an update - problem solved. In case anyone finds this useful sometime in the future, on my boat what look like two M6 or M8 grub screws were near the top of the bearing, perhaps only 1/4" down. Having eventually found the first one it was easy to find the other as, predictably, it was about 180 degrees from the first.