Sicily

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
My first time on this site although I've frequented the Motor Boat Chat for a couple of years. We are wintering in Alghero, Sardinia (although back and forth to the UK) and this year intend to go round to Elbe and work our way down the west side of Italy to Sicily. Has anyone wintered in Sicily or the Italian coast around those parts.
David

ccscott49

Visit site
Please let me know all about Alghero, I intend to winter there this year, thanks, Colin.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikewilkes

Visit site
Been here since about Oct, but a working basis and would suggest you steer well clear of Gela on the south coast. It seems to have a bit of a reputation, and I am told is called little Beirut on the internet!!! Liucate up the coast a bit looks not a bad wee place.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Windchase

Visit site
I'm currently wintering my boat ashore in Syracusa. If you want more info, just ask. There's nowhere on the south coast of Sicily that I would recommend. Malta perhaps?

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

We over-wintered in Palermo (Marina Villa Igea) 1999-2000. It was very secure and not too expensive. The shore side facilities were a bit limited (none existent actually!). We also stopped at Porta Rosa in late March and there were a lot of boats in the water that had been in all winter altohugh no other live-aboards we could see.

Andy

<hr width=100% size=1>