SIBS - Where have all the visitors gone ?

Vamoose

www.flickr.com
I went yesterday (tuesday) and the place was relativly deserted.. It was a pleasure to walk around without the usual bustle and being able to talk to exhibitors without joining a line !

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Was there as well yesterday. Thought it was great without crowds from a visitor point of view. Bumped into 3 people I know from the East Coast.

I went for information about windvanes in particular and being able to talk to, see and touch the gear is great. Hydrovane and Monitor are the dogs doodahs but at £3500 probably not affordable. Saw Neptune Windvane clicky and although it seems more agricultural looks up to the job. One of these took a Twister round Cape Horn so should be OK for Flipper! Guess it might run out of uumph for a bigger boat. Unfortunately didn't see the Sea Feather vane which I thought was going to be there too.

oldestgit

Visit site
I went Saturday on 4 free tickets from boat manufacturers with Swmbo, Son, his Swmbo & 2 Grandchildren, it was great enough people to give the place atmosphere (unlike Excel) without being crowded to the point of queuing.
The down side was plenty of time for the sales people to pounce and bend ones ear…

Generally quieter than previous years though, I guess it’s the financial side.

The surprise was Sunday. We went to Hamble Point for the other “Used Show”
That was even quieter…
I enquired about a few 40 footers and was told by one dealer that most of that size range had already gone to the European buyers.. Yep it’s the Euro; it must seem like a discounted price for our continental friends with our current exchange rate.

However both are still worth a couple of days out, in my humble opinion.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I was contemplating going, but then I had a look at the week-end forecast...

Sod it, I'm going sailing. Only 2 or maybe 3 weekends before the winter refit; so why would I waste my time looking at shiny new plastic I don't want or overpriced toys I don't need?

beancounter

Visit site
Agree about Saturday - we commented that the usual crush on the bridges was missing. No real problem to get on the boats - we had a long chat with the Polish MD/founder on the Huzar 30, and, on board the Midget 31, an equally helpful time with the son of the family behind the company. SWMBO was very impressed with the new Etap 30.

Trouble free train journeys helped make it a v.good day out.

muckypup

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
so why would I waste my time looking at shiny new plastic I don't want or overpriced toys I don't need?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same every time I look at the Nordhavn web site... but I do check back every now and again and pick out which one I would buy if I won the lottery.... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

S.