Shrinking Neoprene

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Tried on my gull short wetsuit last night
going up to anglesey in a few weekends
it has shrunk
it is much tighter than last year and pinches round the legs
anyone else had this??

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Yes, every season. My original wetsuit has now shrunk so much that it's no bigger than a small childs size. Strangely the same seems to happen to many of my clothes.

My mates just laugh when I struggle into my wetsuit at the start of the season and just call me a fat bastard. Very cruel!

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site
Always better to buy a full length one and then, if it shrinks you can call it a shorty. I suspect however, you may be referring to lateral shrinkage which is an altogether different problem. Suggest Dr Atkins.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Yes, this is typical symptom of wetsuite under use. If you allow a wet suite to remain dry for extended periods it will eventually become unusable. I've one in a kit bag that is far, far too small now - not even extended soaking will restore it.

Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ParaHandy

Visit site
I've no met onybody who gangs awa (hic) tae wales in ony thing ither than normal clothes ... jist think o' whit you'll look like .... would a plastic mac no be better?

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
The truth, the whole truth and..

Nothing but the truth.
neoprene is stable - it does not shrink.
Its you - fatty.

By now Mrs SB will have burst a few of your bubbles - its a fact of married life that only a person of single status can enjoy total illusion - just thought I'd join in.
I am the owner of a 9 stone wetsuit
a 10 stone wetsuit
an 11 stone wetsuit
and last time I looked
I probably need a 12 stone wetsuit
However - my feet are stable at size 7 and my willie isn't shrinking.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: The truth, the whole truth and..

I own a 15 stone wetsuit and I'm sure that bugger has shrunk aswell! I can get it on, but can't breath once it's on!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Re: Wow

There you go - hijacking a perfectly sensible thread. I remember the days when you used to ask about the angle of the sun so that you could work out how tall a building is - I don't remember anyone saying measure a room height and then count how many storeys there were and then adding a bit for the roof - which was the perfectly obvious way to do it - but no - everyone rallied round with their zenith calculations and the rustle of logarithms tables was deafening.
Weight belts...tsk tsk tsk.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif