Shocking Arson attack at Hampton wick

Genie

Visit site
No doubt jealousy over such a fine boat - makes you sick. I really feel for the family, as they had obviously spent a lot of time and effort getting her up scratch.
It can't be an opportunistic crime as he/she must have brought the firebomb/device with them for the purpose and I think we could rule out extreme intoxication (not that that is any defence!) as they apparently rode off on their bike.
Like others I'm just glad that no-one was on board at the time.
I hope the insurance helps out and they catch the blighter.
May their next poo be a pinapple.

ThreeSummers

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A bit of dread thrift, but your boat is looking stunning. Do you think you will finish it this year ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping so... mid-summer is the plan - I put a pic on the other forum earlier this evening.

Back on topic, it must be really heart-breaking to put effort into restoring or building a boat (or anything else) that is a labour of love and usually quite a big financial investment, only to have some non-caring piece-o-sh<span style="color:black">i</span>t come along and destroy it for no apparent reason.

ThreeSummers

Visit site
003 (2).jpg

Taken "the morning after" by a friend who left for Lanzarotti the next day to sail to Florida, and e-mailed me the pic from California two days ago...