Ships stores.

Visit site
When we manage to get back to the boat again, we imagine a few renewals of equipment. Pondering, if say, ordered from UK, delivery to S of F, then should be GB VAT free. How difficult or indeed is it possible to receive stores on board a foreign registered boat free of EU tax?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
First you got to get a supplier who willing to do that , so far UK chandlers don't even want to send any thing out let alone vat free.
Then once they arrive in the EU you find people like DHL, dpu, want import duty in advance of delivery.
Good luck I not know anyone so far who manged it other then one guy who got a new set of sails from Turkey but had to pay an agent €120 to do the paper work .

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Wow, impressive easy web site to surf on. Do they deliver to boatyards? My boat is in the Ionion Boatyard Greece., they use a box number. Yes , i could ask them but I would like to know if anyone has had an item delivered to non-house address.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
svb will send to marinas and boat yard you have to be a bit careful with the yards in Ionian yard they have two address one will come to the yard the other you have to collect , we had this in pass with them .
Some thing to do with the post code