SHIPMATE Web site/phone number

G

I have a Shipmate RS8110 VHF. It came with my boat but has no operating instructions. I have tried all sorts of ways to get the dual watch & hi/low TX to function but have failed. Does any body out there have an operating manual or could tell me how to get the above functions to work?

Cheers

G

I have a similar model, in fact the RS 8000. The high/low power switch is on the 'Squelch' control- push the knob IN for high power and pull OUT for Lo power. The Dual watch has a similar operation on the 'Dimmer' control knob. Pull out for dual watch and push in for normal. I do not know how different the RS8100 is, but if it has those functions, then they would be similar- Hope this helps

G

Thanks Stuart I think the sets are different. All my controls are on the hand set, there are no buttons to pull, only push, the set itself is completely void of any knobs or buttons except for a small power switch. It would appear that I have to push a button on the handset as the functions are all attached to a number. For example the dual watch function corresponds with "9".

But thanks for your response it is appreciated.

G

David- I had a feeling my suggestion was a bit too simple. However as another suggestion- if your other functions are on the number keys, then these must be a second function, ie dual function. If this is the case then there must be a second function key, with the same colour as the legend next to your numeric key. I have just looked at a marine electronics company website- selling the RS8300, and that has a second function key, but I cannot make out the colour- Normally you would select the second function key first then select the appropriate numeric key with the alternative legend- hope this helps- Stuart

G

Thanks Stuart, I know there are dual function keys, its just that I have not found a way of activating them! I have had a response from someone whi is sending me a phtopcopy of thier manual and I also contacted Simrad who also think they have a copy of the original manuel. They also said that I could order a complete copy for a tenner! Anyway thansk very much for your concern and response.

David

Other threads that may be of interest