Several Classics in Holland looking for new homes

Black Diamond

Visit site
Hello all, I have been contacted by a friend who is seeking to disperse their collection of classic boats, that have been stored for many years in a large barn in the southern Netherlands.

1. Swallow, number K5, name Dodo. This is a GRP hull out of the Bond mould. It is complete except that the ply deck was stripped leaving all the inner structure in place. Personally I would get the whole thing soda blasted and then she should go back together very easily and be clean for bonding and paint. She has been in the shed and the polytunnel for at least 18 years so is certainly dry. The rig was pretty new when she was bought and there are two suits of sails, the second and newer suit by Hood One design. Comes with all her fittings and bits and bobs and sitting on the yard trolley that fits onto a car transporter trailer.

Swallow 2.jpgSwallow 1.jpg

2. Squib, number around the 550 mark, name Zeedraak. Bog standard Squib in a delectable shade of babykak brown. Recent rig at the time she was bought and comes with two suits of sails. She has a trailer but not braked so probably not legal. The backbone stiffened up to stop it tramping if one crossed any irregularity on the road surface and I dont know if it would be legal to tow it behind a 4WD but if not, facilities are available on site to lift the Squib onto another road trailer.

Squib 1.jpgSquib 2.jpg

3. 18 foot National hull. Built like a brick outhouse with a lot of rovings in the layup, it is a bare shell with fittings and rig available. I think this would make a very good raid boat for someone. The designer was Ian Proctor so it's a sweet shape.

N18 2.jpgN18 1.jpg

4. MSN2 Merlin. Number in the 3000 range, built by Bob Hoare and well built and kept. She has been undercover for about 18 years or so and with a lick of paint and varnish plus new buoyancy bags, would be good to go. The design is MSN2 and she has one suit of sails, a decent rig and a launching trolley.

MSN2 Merlin 2.jpgMSN2 Merlin 1.jpg

5. Older Merlins. One is a Proctor design with more beam than a flying saucer but in surprisingly good condition. With rig, sails and all fittings and the other is called Outrage, also in better state than one would expect. Also with rigs, sails, etc. Both boats are bone dry.

Merlin 2.jpgMerlin 1.jpg

6. A Solo built in the West Country about 1964. All the bits are there including rig, sail and fittings.

Solo 2.jpgSolo 1.jpg

Anyone potentially interested in one or more of these boats should contact me via Personal Message (or via GDPDUNN AT YAHOO.CO.UK if you aren't registered here) and I will put you in touch with the seller directly. The emphasis is to find these boats new homes and they are being priced realistically to achieve this end.

Thanks for looking.
Greg Dunn
Mersea Island, Essex