Service Spares

sb99

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a supplier in the Cardiff area for parts such as Oil filters, fuel separators, plugs etc.
My engine is a 5 L Mercruiser.
Do Westpoint Marine supply spares?

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Westpoint will but more expensive. For fuel system bits there was/is a good place somewhere near ninian park. Filters and bits just hunt around.. there are loads of places. Try and find what other applications that engine is used for, If it's non marine the cost is about half.

Mike_S

Visit site
Make a list of parts you want / need and order them in a bundle from the US ? I have the same engine (5l V8 EFi) so could possibly go for a double order. SWMBO's over in the US quite a bit so *might* be able to pick stuff up.

sb99

Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Andy I know what you mean about prices and anything to do with boats.

Mike, my engine is 1990, is yours that old? I’ve seen a few good US sites on web, I assume customs hold goods until VAT is paid. That’s what happened with my Davits though still worked out a lot cheaper than buying from over here. Exchange rate very favourable at the moment as well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sb99

Visit site
I’m a bit wary of compatible auto spares, being a mobo owner the engine is our life line, no cloth as back up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike_S

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mike, my engine is 1990, is yours that old? I’ve seen a few good US sites on web, I assume customs hold goods until VAT is paid. That’s what happened with my Davits though still worked out a lot cheaper than buying from over here. Exchange rate very favourable at the moment as well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's a 2000 year, so might be a bit different but it'll be worth checking. Normally when I get stuff from the states it arrives at Penarth post office with a bill attached to it from customs which I pay. Unless of course SWMBO's going over, in which case her suitcase comes back a tad heavier than when it left the UK /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So much so in fact that we now have a loyalty card for Westmarine /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif