Service Parts - culture shock 😲

Irish Rover

Visit site
I'm going to collect my new to me boat in Croatia in a few weeks for a long trip to my home marina in Türkiye. The boat has 2 x Yanmar 8LV320 engines. My previous boat had 2 x 75HP. I was looking online for engine spares for the trip and was shocked at the cost - €600 x 2 for service kits each containing
2x Air Filter Element
1x Water Separator Element
1x Oil Filter Element
1x Fuel Filter Element
1x Impeller
1x Impeller O- Ring
1x Belt V- Ribbed
1x Zinc Anti- Corrosive
€1,200 plus delivery from France to Croatia.
OUCH

vas

Visit site
you do know you don't really need all of that!
assuming the boat has prefilters where all the muck is going to be held (if there is any!) you'd probably need a few of those plus oil filters and impellers...
the rest you can do at home.

Irish Rover

Visit site
you do know you don't really need all of that!
assuming the boat has prefilters where all the muck is going to be held (if there is any!) you'd probably need a few of those plus oil filters and impellers...
the rest you can do at home.
Thanks. I'm not actually planning to do any work pre-delivery. Both engines fully serviced recently. I just want to have everything on board and, anyway, these parts are always more expensive in Türkiye so I'll have them when needed. I'll also look for generic equivalents of the Yanmar branded stuff when I get home.

oldgit

Visit site
Everything for servicing my 230 HP Yanmars was available from after market sources at my local motor factor and online.
OIl filters they had to order in.
Even those solid 24 carat gold Yanmar engine anodes .
Just buy the anode alone , it is threaded to screw into the "Brass" ? cap.

Greg2

Visit site
Yanmar have a pricing structure that borders on the astronomical, as you have discovered. We run a Yanmar engined boat at work and the costs of parts to address some problems was eye watering. As oldgit says, if you do you homework you can source stuff elsewhere and I know of two rebuilds of Yanmars involving blocks sourced from Toyota.