Sending parts from the EU to the UK

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I tried to send back a part to the UK by ups , after lots of form filling once the parcel was picked I I got an email from ups saying they want 5 copys of my passport or they would block the package .
Told them to keep it , l
Beawhere if your sending anything back to the UK

greeny

Visit site
I tried to send back a part to the UK by ups , after lots of form filling once the parcel was picked I I got an email from ups saying they want 5 copys of my passport or they would block the package .
Told them to keep it , l
Beawhere if your sending anything back to the UK
I agree.
Having had a couple of letters gone missing in transit I don't send anything to, or order anything from the UK any more. All my friends are of the same mind now. Not worth the hassle. The guys (companies) who work in the boatyard are now ordering everything from Spain and Italy because the paperwork to get anything from UK is so time consuming, and delivery dates are totally unpredictable, they're telling me.
UK is totally off my radar for buying anything now.

halcyon

Visit site
I agree.
Having had a couple of letters gone missing in transit I don't send anything to, or order anything from the UK any more. All my friends are of the same mind now. Not worth the hassle. The guys (companies) who work in the boatyard are now ordering everything from Spain and Italy because the paperwork to get anything from UK is so time consuming, and delivery dates are totally unpredictable, they're telling me.

You want to try supplying equipment to the EU, seems to be total noncooperation / delay after it leaves the UK.

Now thinking of not supplying to the EU, not worth the effort / agro from customer's wanting to know were their order is.

Brian

Visit site
I agree.
I returned a tablet to Amazon last month registered Portuguese post office - no problem.
Life is not all doom and gloom ?

dgadee

Visit site
You should be able to buy from NI and get it sent no problem. We are in no mans Euro land. Try Bosun Bob in Bangor.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I doubt they do membrane or parts for Generations, if all any of us wanted was general bits SVB in Germany not only do better prices then most U.K. Chandler but the also don't rip you off on shipping .

pandos

Visit site
Marine parts are much more expensive then parts4engines

Marine Parts Direct are an Irish based chandler's. Parts 4 engines is an english supplier of engine parts.

Completely different types of entities.

Marine Parts Direct is cheaper than SVB for many things. Not for everything...I buy from both and also Mareshop.eu
Which is italy based but good prices on something's and really quick delivery...even for big boxes...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Point bein made is there are times when the only place you can get a certain part is from a uk base company and even if you can get it sent out , if need be you have to return it as in my case it's now very hard to do so .

Mareshop eu I not used , i will take a look thanks .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just to add to my last posting , I asked most well know chandler in the UK for a price for a replacement cooker , non will send out to the EU .
In the end they did me a favour as the same make and model was €115 cheaper in Italy and shipping was €10 and not the stupid chagers they want back in the UK .

Last edited:

pandos

Visit site
Point bein made is there are times when the only place you can get a certain part is from a uk base company and even if you can get it sent out , if need be you have to return it as in my case it's now very hard to do so .

Mareshop eu I not used , i will take a look thanks .
Just to clarify in case you are unaware. Ireland is not part of the UK...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just to clarify in case you are unaware. Ireland is not part of the UK...
Let me think , oh yeah:)
You can't alway get certain parts from Ireland, plus have you tried to Google say piston ring in Ireland or a set of seals , most of us away from the UK use suppliers we know,
the like of simply bearing, anode outlet, part4engine and so on,
I be wasting quite a lot of time finding someone to sell me a anode in Ireland.
And why would I bother with Ireland when there other EU country near to me to buy from .

Star-Lord

Visit site
DHL works fine IF the sender pays any dues in advance with DHL (like VAT etc) otherwise there will be a hold up while the ace rain you are non resident and eventually email a form and payment fill out.

Yngmar

Visit site
Goes both ways - just got this from a German company I've ordered things to Italy from (probably due to my UK billing address):

Dear Sir or Madam,

please be informed, that we will not longer deliver to UK, because it's not longer profitable for us.
The reason for this are high administrative costs since Brexit.

Can recommend them for EU cruisers by the way: Stainless fasteners, website in German, English and French, good service, very large assortment: Der 1. Schrauben Shop im Internet mit über 141.000 Artikeln

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I have manged to get some thing sent it seen its arrived I won't know till I get back to the marina , but I had to have it sent to my sons and he repacked it and sent it has a gift ,
The vat was still paid in the UK but its seen there wasn't any other cost involved.
By the way its then over three weeks to arrive before the BX max was 10 days .
Agree with Yngmar buy in the Eu if you can , even if it going to cost a bit more .