selling stuff

boatmike

Visit site
The rules on for sale stuff here say its for up to £400 only. I will shortly have a watermaker for sale. Where do forumites think the best place to advertise it is?

Quandary

Visit site
The rules on for sale stuff here say its for up to £400 only. I will shortly have a watermaker for sale. Where do forumites think the best place to advertise it is?

Naaah, this is definitely the best place, pity you could not think of a subtle way to advertise it.

VicS

Visit site

Now that you have successfully advertised the fact all you need to do is hide the details and asking price somewhere. In a couple of the of the unused "extras" lines in your profile perhaps

ghostlymoron

Visit site
EBay has a terrific reach and has been very effective for me. Admittedly you have to pay commission but worth it imo. It may pay you to use a fixed price option as its a fairly uncommon item.

earlybird

Visit site
EBay has a terrific reach and has been very effective for me. Admittedly you have to pay commission but worth it imo. It may pay you to use a fixed price option as its a fairly uncommon item.

Agree about results from ebay. If you're a bit patient, they fairly often have "sell for £1" offers which cuts the commission on the pricier items by a considerable amount. If you can specify collection for cash that makes for a virtually free sale.

Last edited:

Poignard

Visit site

What you could do is let it be known on here that you have one to sell but that it is priced above the £400 limit. Then people who might be interested could contact you and ask the price. ;)