Sell by Date on OFFERS!!!

G

SO i bought my April PBO last Fridayie in March and inside was a nice free catalogue from Compass Watersports with a tempting offer on Garmin 12 GPS £104.95. Very Good then you see the small print that this price is only available until 16.03 2001!!!!!!! What is the point of shoving this into an April Magazine..just another con...the ordinary price is bog standard £114.95 . Whats in May issue Christmas Card offers??

G

also ... am I the only person who expects some really good offers on non-DSC VHF radio sets this week, or did I not read that it will not be legal to sell non-DSC radios after 7th April 2001? Three days ... and counting.

G

Well I payed a fortune to get to London Boat Show to buy some 'bargains' Bought my bargained for GPS from Mailspeed Marine and also the Feb PBO. Imagine my disgust when I got home and found a catalogue for Mailspeed advertising the same GPS at £40 less. After discussion still no apology or money returned so stuff Mailspeed Marine I'll buy elsewhere as I hope do others. Jay Jay

G

Re: Sell by Date on OFFERS!!! - [url]www.yachtbits.co.uk[/url]

the prices on our website are the prices we charge. If we quote for something not on the site, we stand by the price we quote for minimum 14 days. Sometimes we can't compete with the likes of Compass/Mailspeed. But we don't do lost leaders and the few problems we get we sort out same day. Come and have a look sometime.

kev smith www.yachtbits.co.uk