Self Inflicted Injuries

Robin

Visit site
With the latest from our Tone and his merry men that will require smokers, drinkers and fatties to sign a contract with their GP to be treated, will this then be extended to cover self-inflicted injuries from sailing, golf, skiing, jogging, sunbathing etc? I notice druggies were not mentioned though, are they labour voters?

I gave up smoking (loud applause) but then put on weight (groan) and still like the odd tipple (groan). I ask to see the GP roughly once every 3 years on average so hardly constitute a drain on the resource, actually I have contributed hugely to the fund over the years with tobacco and alcahol taxes. Usually by the time I get an appointment the problem is gone or going but if not I'm told 'come back if there's no improvement by next week'. (I wish I could say that to my customers!)

I think I'll go sailing, turn south and keep on going....

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Government by Coffee-Morning Circles

Like us, Tone and many others gather to say that Something Must Be Done. They nod and frown. At the end of the meeting, they get someone to write up the notes, just like they did at school. Then they work up the notes into a nice document with a laser printer which is much better than what happened under anyprevious labour governments when there were no laser printers. The resulting consultation paper/report is touted by the government via press as though "something is being done" . The same happened with all sorts of things, immigration, late payment of debts to small companies, pricing of CDs, anything. But of course, actually sod all has happened, other than sneaky increases of taxes here and there to fund all the chatting.

So, if you look at the fine print, it's that the doctor or hospital COULD refuse treament. Not that they will. No legislation at all, Just chat. But it's set everyone who has just paid even more NI for an internationally-free health service on a back foot, such that they think Ooh, something is being done, and i mustn't overuse those poor NHS peeps where the nurses want to be doctors, the doctors want to be paid properly, and contract staff pretend to clean the place by pushing muck around with a wet mop.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Re: Government by Coffee-Morning Circles

Actually, they want fat buggers like me to die at home, discreetly. Cheaper that way.

But fat buggers pay taxes too (tho' not as much as heavy smokers). So if we were to withdraw from paying NHS taxes where would they be then, eh?

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

Robin

Visit site

Is a Coffee Morning Circle a new word for Spin?

'Now faithfull Cabinet Ministers, I need some help here, we must come up with a credible Coffee Morning Circle before Prime Minister's Question Time to explain where those WMDs are'.

What do you do with an overweight smoking GP that likes a tipple? Ask him to sign a new contract to seek help or forego his salary?

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
Death Spin Circles

I reckon this is the beginning of the end for TB, unfortunately its taken 6 years for most people to realise he's full of c@@p and in reality does sod all except spin and raise taxes whilst the whole infrastructure of the country goes down the tubes.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site

It won't be that cheap. There'll still need to be an ambulance to cart you away.

Much better would be to promote more sailing and powervboat useage, perhaps remove VAT on them. Then, with complete lack of requirement for training, thousands will cop it out at sea: it's for precisely through this natural selection that the UK is a leading maritime nation. I suppose the RNLI would have to outlawed for this to work. Other policies could involve minimum speed limits on bendy roads, and perhaps withholding the old age bonus payments untill May - paying those who actually make it through the cold weather, rather than rewarding failure, like the Fat Cats, a bit.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Robin

Visit site
Re: Death Spin Circles

Him personally or the whole dismal lot? Unfortunately there's no credible alternative waiting to pounce either.

Hope MI5 6 or whatever read this, they could deport me and I could come back as an Asylum seeker, got to be better than a pension.

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site
Tone wouldn't have "leaked" this to draw attention away from other issues....?

We must be vigilant over wmd's & seek them out....lots in local pub's possibly.

<hr width=100% size=1>